UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

nick buys tmnt

SErge

so nikelodeon bought the rights to the ninja turtles. so after 25 years mirage finally sold the rights to nick. now ive never been a big reader of the comics, but i liked what i read. with the new owner where will they go, no doubt a film and show is already planned. Hopefully it will a good show too, and kick spongebob off his 24/7 hour marathon.

Supposedly a near feature length cartoon has already been made, where the Turtles from the recent cartoon series go to an alternate universe and meet the Turtles from the 80s/90s cartoon, as well as their Eastman/Laird counterparts.

Supposedly a near feature length cartoon has already been made, where the Turtles from the recent cartoon series go to an alternate universe and meet the Turtles from the 80s/90s cartoon, as well as their Eastman/Laird counterparts.

That has been (or is currently being) made. Unfortunately, either the original voice actors from the old cartoon were unavailable, or the production team couldn't be bothered to foot the bill for their return, so they've brought in some rather crappy replacements. Based on the clip I saw, it also seems to be more making fun of the original cartoon than paying tribute to it, so I'm on the fence about the whole thing. I'm unsure if the Eastman/Laird crossover happens or not, as I've only seen the modern cartoon and the original cartoon characters thus far.

I wonder if Mirage will still release the comics. It is all they release, according to previews anyway. Will Mirage just close up shop?

naw I've read on peter laird's blog they wont close mirage studios. BTW the film is called turtles forever, not sure when it will be released, it was shown at comic con.

Anything that brings more TMNT is great! I recently bought the TMNT Smash Ups game for my Wii and it is loads of fun (although nowhere near as fun as Smash Bros). I loved the most recent movie TMNT and hope they can continue doing things like that. I own all of the released original cartoon on DVD and my son loves watching them with me. I also was excited to see in my Toyfare that showed up yesterday that they are doing a re-release of the Movie Masters wave which came out around the time of Secret of the Ooze and they have the more flexible plastic and look more like the live action turtles. I loved those and so I can't wait to pick them up!