UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fans of JLU *probably* Rejoice!!

Twisted Two-Face

Well, DC's animated-movie idea has been going quite well, in my opinion. Gotham Knight, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern: First Flight, Public Enemies; they've all been brilliantly devised and executed. But there is still one Animated Movie that DC never really got going; Bruce Timm's old JL/JLU movie that tied the two series' together, "World's Collide," when the JL would meet the Crime Syndicate and chaos ensues. Well, that didn't happen, as many of you know, and fans were left with an unexplained, empty plot for the "Unlimited" League once the new show started...

...Until now. DC Animated's next movie will be entitled "Crisis on Two Earths," featuring the Crime Syndicate, Alexander Luthor, and the Justice League. Oh, and guess who's producing it?? Yup; Timm himself. While it isn't the JLU version of the film, it is the closest thing we are going to get (meaning Comic-book League-roster, no "Unlimited League"). Hell, even the art is supposed to resemble Timm's; not sure why he couldn't just animate, but that's fine with me. It's also being written by Dwayne McDuffie, of JLU fame.

Pictures:

rcu3wh.jpg

rardzc.jpg

Looks very promising; it's almost the movie we never got, and even more so with Timm and McDuffie working on it. Can't wait for 2010.

Oh, and if they can do this, i want my "Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" to see the light of day.

I'm not a big fan of the art style I've really got the big shoulder look that makes Timm's figures to me look like triangles. That aside I have enjoyed most of these DC animations I have seen with prob Wonder Woman being the weakest of the bunch. I will keep an eye out for this as it looks like fun.

We already sort of got this with the Justice Lords. I know the Crime Syndicate are intrinsically evil and the Justice Lords just. . .er, became evil once Flash died. But still, not new ground, IMO.

I heard about this a couple weeks ago, and when I saw the title, was hoping it would be the first meeting between the JLA and JSA: http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Multiple-Eart...1/dp/1563898950

When will my JSA get some love?? Will still rent it eventually, though. Having loved the Perez/Wolfman Titans as a youngster, I'm completely with you in drooling over the prospects of that Judas Contract movie though, TTF.

We already sort of got this with the Justice Lords. I know the Crime Syndicate are intrinsically evil and the Justice Lords just. . .er, became evil once Flash died. But still, not new ground, IMO.

I heard about this a couple weeks ago, and when I saw the title, was hoping it would be the first meeting between the JLA and JSA: http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Multiple-Eart...1/dp/1563898950

When will my JSA get some love?? Will still rent it eventually, though. Having loved the Perez/Wolfman Titans as a youngster, I'm completely with you in drooling over the prospects of that Judas Contract movie though, TTF.

Oh, i am all over a JSA; Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, and then hopefully a modern "sequel" with Kara Zor-L and Cyclone.

Judas Contract however, would be FANTASTIC. It's one of the many reasons i loved Titans GO! a few years back; we got an updated, dare i say borderline "All Star" version of it, and it was fantastic. But DCAU could make it so much better. :blush:

With that in mind, what other things would you want to see adapted to the DCAU?? I mean, a Green Lantern "threequel" with Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War, and Blackest Night would be nerdgasmic. I'd also love to see Green Arrow: Year One, and even Long Halloween if it were possible.

Top of the list are Alex Ross' best works, though, with a Justice "threequel" and Kingdom Come. Would love to see those two stories, becasue Justice WAS the modern "60s" of the League, and KC was just awesome in itself.

heard about it a couple weeks ago, I'm really looking forward to this. I love the dc animated films and jlu! so this film will be a must have!

as for stories I would like to see be made...hmmm I have none that I can think of for DC at the moment , but I was thinkign that a movie based on world war hulk would be awesome, I would buy that in a heart beat!

Edited by SErge

Thanks for posting this TTF. I'm a huge fan of the animated JL in both it's forms. I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I need to catch up though. I've not watched Wonder Woman. Not even bought First Flight and Public Enemies. Wallet... To me!

I just saw Wonder Woman a week or so ago. It was very good. Green Lantern is in my Netflix queue, and I need to add the Batman/Superman one. The quality of DC's animated films are consistently impressive to me so far, whereas Marvel's were barely watchable.

Judas Contract... can't remember anticipating a project more in a long, long time.