UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers by the Numbers

murderofcrows

It is no surprise that the Avengers are my favorite Marvel Team. In fact for a while I was thinking of restricting my mate collecting to JUST Avengers, well I realized that was not realistic. However my Avengers are still the center of my collection, and when new Avengers get announced, I get all giddy inside.

Well I wondered how many of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, have been mated, and went to a couple of online resources to see who ALL has been considered Avengers, and then did some number crunching....

*Please note, I am not the end all be all on Comic history, and I am certain there will be some errors, so I am opening this up to anyone that has some corrections for the listing...and I did NOT count the Dark Avengers as they suck ass, and this is reserved the Hero Avengers. I also did not include the Guardians of the Galaxy as they...suck ass again :)

However, I now present Minimate Avengers by the numbers...

So from what I can tell, 77 total Avengers of which 41 have had Minimates made of them and 36 members remaining that have not had mates made of them...So by percentages 53% of the Avengers have been mated! That is a better percentage than I expected. While some of these characters are more than likely never going to be made, I am keeping my fingers crossed for some.

Tigra, Swordsman, and Black Kinght and FALCON top the listings

moc847

now for the data

TEAM CHARACTER MINIMATE VERSION

A Ares Y

A Beast Y

A Black Knight N

A Black Panther Y

A Black Widow Y

A Captain America Y

PHR Captain Britain Y

A Captain Marvel Y

Honorary Captain Marvel Y

NCR Crystal N

UNC Darkhawk N

Honorary Deathcry N

UNC Demolition Man N

A Doctor Druid N

A Doctor Strange Y

A Echo N

A Falcon N

WCA Firebird N

PHR Firestar Y

NCR Gilgamesh N

A Hawkeye Y

UNC Hellcat N

A Henry Pym Y

A Hercules Y

A Hulk Y

WCA Human Torch Y

NCR Invisible Woman Y

A Iron Fist Y

A Iron Man Y

PHR Jack of Hearts N

UNC Jocasta N

PHR Justice N

WCA Living Lightning N

UNC Machine Man N

Honorary Magdalene N

A Mantis N

Honorary Marrina N

Honorary Masque N

NCR Mister Fantastic Y

WCA Mockingbird N

Honorary Moira Brandon N

WCA Moon Knight Y

UNC Moondragon N

A Ms. Marvel Y

A Namor Y

A Pulsar N

NCR Quasar N

A Quicksilver Y

UNC Rage N

Honorary Rick Jones N

A Ronin Y

UNC Sandman Y

A Scarlet Witch Y

A Sentry Y

NCR Sersi N

A She-Hulk Y

PHR Silverclaw N

A Spider-Man Y

WCA Spider-Woman Y

A Spider-Woman Y

A Starfox N

NCR Stingray N

A Swordsman N

A The Wasp Y

UNC Thing Y

A Thor Y

NCR Thunderstrike Y

A Tigra N

PHR Triathlon N

UNC Two-Gun Kid N

WCA U.S. Agent Y

A Vision Y

WCA War Machine Y

Honorary Whizzer N

A Wolverine Y

A Wonder Man Y

Honorary Yellowjacket Y

Edited by murderofcrows

The Yellowjacket who was only an honorary has not been made. That was Rita Demarra, the female Yellowjacket who may or may not be dead. (Darn time travel) Ditto for Captain Britain, only the short lived female CB was ever a member. I would be shocked... shocked... if either of them ever saw matehood.

And then there's the Captains Marvel. Captain Marvel II / Monica Rambeau was a full member of the Avengers, but she's also the same character as Pulsar listed further down. Captain Mar-Vell was only made an honorary member after he died. They did the same for Jocasta too. Why those two solid allies had to die before being offered member ship and the GoG could help with one case and get Honorary Membership, I'm still not sure. But I digress. Now Captain Genis-Vell Marvel's exact connection to the team is more unclear. In an alternate future Genis joined the Avengers, and was brought back in time during the "Destiney Wars" chroniceled in Avengers Forever. But his modern countpart never had any official relationship with the team, and was actually a member of the Thunderbolts when he was rendered completely unwritable/died. We have mates of the first two Marvels, but none of the rest.

And if you're going to include Magdelene, you need to include the Gatherers Swordsman as well.

And I agree with your take on the essential missing members. I'd only add Mantis, if no other reason than to make sure all the full members before #200 are covered.

What a fun read!

I might to do an X-Men comparison out of curiosity now!

There are a few characters i'd love to see Mated (hmmm - that feels wrong).

Moondragon, Falcon, Crystal, Jacosta, Jack of Hearts & Tigra are at the top of my 'Avengers Want List'.

I'm thinking that an Avengers Villains Mated percentage would be a whole lower.

Just counting each character once, here's the breakdown of Avengers vs X-Men

Ares

Beast

Black Panther

Black Widow

Captain America (Barnes)

Captain America (Rogers)

Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)

Captain Marvel (Rambau)

Doctor Strange

Firestar

Hank Pym

Hawkeye / Ronin

Hercules

Hulk

Human Torch (Hammond)

Invisible Woman

Iron Fist

Iron Man

Mr. Fantastic

Ms. Marvel

Moon Knight

Power Man

Quicksilver

Sandman

Scarlet Witch

Sentry

She-Hulk

Spider-Man

Spider-Woman I

Spider-Woman II

Sub-Mariner

Thing

Thor

Thor II

US Agent

Vision

Vision II

War Machine

Wasp

Wolverine

Wonder Man

Angel / Archangel

Beast

Bishop

Cable

Captain Britain

Colossus

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Gambit

Havok

Iceman

Juggernaut

Magneto

Multiple Man

Mystique

Nightcrawler

Phoenix / Marvel Girl

Phoenix II / Marvel Girl II

Polaris

Professor X

Psylocke

Rogue

Sabretooth

Shadowcat

Storm

Thunderbird

Warpath

Wolverine

X-23

Even including Excalibur and X-factor guys, the Avengers have more mates. (Now it helps when most of the Defenders, and 3/4 of the Fantastic Four have all been members) So I guess I aught to quit pulling for more Avengers to get made over X-people... I aught to, but I won't :P

edit- added recently announced Rachel

Edited by Mirymate

And here's the breakdown of the unmated Avengers v. X-men

Ant-Man II

Black Knight

Captain Britain (Shorr)

Crystal

Darkhawk

DeathCry (H)

D-man

Doctor Druid

Echo

Firebird

Gilgamesh

Hellcat

Jack-of-Hearts

Jocasta

Justice

Living Lightning

Machine Man

Magdalene (H)

Mantis

Marrina (H)

Masque (H)

Moondragon

Quasar

Rage

Rick Jones (H)

Sersi

Silverclaw

Starfox

Stingray

Swordsman I

Swordsman II (H)

Tigra

Triathlon

Two-Gun Kid

Whizzer (H)

Yellowjacket II (H)

Anole

Armor

Banshee

Caliban

Cannonball

Chamber

Changeling

Darwin

Dazzler

Dr. Cecilia Reyes

Dust

Elixir

Forge

Hepzibah

Husk

Joseph

Jubilee

Kuan-Yin Xorn

Lady Mastermind

Lifeguard

Longshot

Maggott

Magma

Marrow

Mercury

Mimic

Mirage

Northstar

Omega Sentinel

Omerta

Petra

Pixie

Prodigy

Revanche

Rockslide

Sage

Shen Xorn

Siryn

Slipstream

Stacy X

Sunfire

Sunpyre

Sunspot

Surge

Sway

The Three-In-One

Thunderbird (Shaara)

Trance

Vulcan

Warpath

Wraith

X-Man

There are many more X-Men unmade, but a lot more "who?" on their list as well.

What, is there no Great Lake Avengers love around here?

Well I find them amusing. But they are not Minimate materian when there are so many others to be made.

When the Great Lakes Avengers are made, I will have to believe that DST is out of ideas.

And here is the EXTREME OVER THE TOP RUNDOWN of which of my Avengers that have been mated?

Alright, first ..my regular Iron Man minimate has mated with a lot of other minimates...in fact...I had to seperate him because...I mean, frankly...I was worried for his health and made him go to a toy clinic to get checked.

Second, my SDCC exclusive Peter Parker minimate and SDCC exclusive Mary Jane minimate mated and created a little baby minimate but there was a switch up at the hospital so now they are parents to a Shockini (despite that, they are still proud).

Next, my battled damaged Captain America minimate is a little worse for wear when he was caught mating with Invisible Woman and Reed had thing give Cap a good clobberin.

Last, Hulk has obviously mated with some of my minimates because there are a bunch of green blank minimates in my minimate storage case that ghave tiny holes in them like they have been shot with a gun. I am concluded that they are definately the result of Hulk as we all know he is shooting blanks.

So that is the rundown......

...huh..............

................oh, I misunderstood the post.

Cray, that was hilarious :lol:

My SM3 New Goblin tried mating with Harley Quinn. Didn't work out. Tried mating Ms. Marvel. Didn't work out either. Had a crush on Batwoman for a while, completely forgot about that lesbian thing though. Ultimately, didn't work out :(

Back on topic: I have to say, that 53% estimate MOC posted is pretty reassuring. It would be extremely awesome if we could somehow get a full definitive Avengers minimate lineup, but then that would open up a whole crapload of other issues as far as completing related teams are concerned.

For example: the Young Avengers Vision mate we got is now canonically part of the Mighty Avengers, so if we can't get the rest of YA then at the very least we need Stature as an official Avenger too. If we ever get a Sersi minimate somehow, then more Eternals have to follow somehow. (Same goes for Crystal, but I won't go into that again...) And we all know about the whole DST-should've-completed-the-Defenders/Invaders/Champions/Thunderbolts rigmarole.

By the way, what about the Young Avengers and all the onetime "secret" Avengers from Civil War? Can they be counted as "honorary" Avengers too or can we peg that to just-plain Expanded Universe crossover Avengers-in-name-only randomness?

By the way, what about the Young Avengers and all the onetime "secret" Avengers from Civil War? Can they be counted as "honorary" Avengers too or can we peg that to just-plain Expanded Universe crossover Avengers-in-name-only randomness?

Young Avengers are considered their own team for most of their history, with the "real" Avengers even trying to shut them down at several points during Civil War. In that way, as far as Avenger's formal rosters go, they are more like the GLA than anything else.

The "Secret Avengers" count about like the "Defenders for a Day". They were never a formal team, so those folks who were only around to hide with Cap generally aren't counted as Avengers. Although when everything at Marvel gets back to "normal", I expect Bill Foster to be made an Honorary posthumously.

Again, I came up with my lists based on combinations of Wiki's, Handbooks, and lonstanding Avengers Websites. Which is why I have Moondragon, Hellcat, Jocasta, and Firebird as full members. Moondragon, Hellcat, Firebird, and Thing are considered full members when in Avengers #305 Cap declared everyone who had every been an Avenger to that point a full Avenger. (at least all those alive to attend Cap's reorganization meeting that issue) Jocasta finally formally made full member in this latest incarnation.

And if I ever get too obnoxious with stuff like this, please somebody say so.