UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How long can the army building go on?

Cramer

Ive got 13 Aim soldiers (half of which I made elites with Bucky cap's extra parts), 11 skrulls with all different heads and 2 sheild agents. If I buy the wave with the vault gaurd and 2 extras from Tru, Ill be set on those. I'm really worried about Hydra agents since thats what I want the most. Theres like 6 variation you can make with those and My comic shops have been lacking lately on getting new waves in stock. They need some sort of singles set or army builder 2 packs or something to help us out here. And since theres no army builder in TRU wave five, we are missing a good opportunity to get more skrulls or Hydra agents. I lucked out with loose skrulls at a toy convention and I bought several sabretooth two packs on ebay for my skrulls. Damn hard to find army builders.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I'm usually a sucker for anything Silver or Bronze age Marvel. But since Marvel lost the rights to Rom, and can no longer even reprint images of Rom, Dire Wraiths just aren't as much fun without him.

Now if DST could somehow get the rights to make a Rom mate separate from the Marvel liscence... that would rock!

Ah, Rom. Never was a comic sooooooo much cooler, or longer lasting, than the toy. (And the toy ROCKED)(at least it does in my memory, don't ruin my childhood by pointing out what a lame brick of a toy it actually was, k?)

You know, I'm usually a sucker for anything Silver or Bronze age Marvel. But since Marvel lost the rights to Rom, and can no longer even reprint images of Rom, Dire Wraiths just aren't as much fun without him.

Now if DST could somehow get the rights to make a Rom mate separate from the Marvel liscence... that would rock!

Ah, Rom. Never was a comic sooooooo much cooler, or longer lasting, than the toy. (And the toy ROCKED)(at least it does in my memory, don't ruin my childhood by pointing out what a lame brick of a toy it actually was, k?)

I have to agree here. dire wraiths while they would be cool, there just isnt any point without a ROM to beat them down.

as for the ROM comic. pure. bronze age. gold.

Edited by BannersID

I will be honest, now that we have AIM, Hydra and Hell Fire Goons...all the rest is gravy...pure awesome gravy!!!

moc847

616 SHIELD agents. The last truely essential missing army builder. Though I do like me some gravy!

I will be honest, now that we have AIM, Hydra and Hell Fire Goons...all the rest is gravy...pure awesome gravy!!!

moc847

616 SHIELD agents. The last truely essential missing army builder. Though I do like me some gravy!

Shield Agents ARE missing, but I do not see them anytime soon....AAAND you can make some using Nick Fury as a base. Now, Maria Hill, or Sharon can not be made and SHOULD be!

moc847

With those Vault guards from Toys R Us, I'm up to three and counting. Ideally I want to get up to six. Two more are coming when the series they are supposed to come in comes out. We live in good times. Good Times.

That sounds familiar. Which issue was that in?

Was during the Kree/Skrull war storyline (which surprisingly showed very little in the way of Krees actually fighting Skrulls). I'll check when I get home.

edit: Google searched it; issue #94

Haha, I was thinking of something completely different and unrelated. Thanks, though. :P

do we have Hand Ninjas yet? those in their various looks would be nifty.

comic SHIELD grunts [with a rifle, pistol, two hairpieces and a bowler hat as accessories] would be great too.

i'd also buy civilians! reversible male/female head, couple of hairpieces for each, reversible torso block under a jacket...

I would have to disagree with you on on civilians. They for me just wouldnt cut it, just too plain. Lines like Godfather and Beverly Hills Cop just seem to get bumped and for me they are civilian looking.

Shield Agents ARE missing, but I do not see them anytime soon....AAAND you can make some using Nick Fury as a base. Now, Maria Hill, or Sharon can not be made and SHOULD be!

Really? With the various holsters they've developed, the belt and chest straps they used on Osborn, I would think they'd be simple enough.

And this is where I ask that DST remembers that all Shield agents don't wear blue with white accessories. Back in the day, the accessory colors used to show rank. Somewhere along the way, colors were abandoned. Maybe for simplicities sake. I don't know. In fact, I think I still have that page scanned...

shielduniforms.jpg

So everybody in S.H.I.E.L.D. is an executive director now?

Actually, I guess that explains some of the characteristic egomaniac behavior a couple of them seem to exhibit :P

As per your point about later comics doing away with the rank designation colors with the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (not to mention the Kree Soldiers you mentioned a while back), it was probably a combination of conservation of detail for practical purposes and that some of those rank colors look just plain weird. I mean, orange or green on dark blue just doesn't seem that aesthetically pleasing to the eye, does it? (Though if they stuck with the more "sensible" rank colors like brown and grey and black --- wait, is there a black rank in the SHIELD hierarchy? --- along with the white, those might've worked fine.)

Thanks again for the cool trivia Mirymate. Do you have info on what year that page you scanned was published in?

Edited by NorthRaider

Thanks again for the cool trivia Mirymate. Do you have info on what year that page you scanned was published in?

Anytime. That was from the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Addition, the last one Gru personally oversaw. It was part of the 25th anniversary so cira 1986, maybe 1987 seeing it was the "S" issue. So over twenty years ago. Need to get my scanner working and post the Kree ranks too.

I think more tha anything it just got too hard to remember everyone other than Nick, Gabe, and Dum Dum's rank. And you know there were those fans who shot them a letter everytime they had Clay Quatermain in dark orange instead of light orange, or had the wrong shade of yellow on Val. Okay I was one of those fans, but that's not the point. The point is after a while it just got easier to put everyone in white. Easier is not always better.

moc847

moc847

I just bought myself 5 Nick Fury's so i can do exactly that :)

Edited by Nessex