UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

NorthRaider

I went to see it last night. (District 9 dont come out over here for 2 weeks)

Was I dispointed no not really but it didnt blow my socks off. I think they have shown the best bit in the trailers which is the car chase sequence. The rest of the action set pieces just reminded me of other movies.

The Undersea battle reminded me of Sky Captain and the World Of Tomorrow and the Snake Eyes StormShadow fight was like watching the Darth Maul duel where he dies. Would I recommend anyone to see it if they asked me, well only if there is nothing better on and they cant wait for district 9. The only niggles I have are mainly cosmetic as in Cobra Commanders helmet and I didnt see the cool cobra logo on any of the gear. (I've always thought the cobra logo was cool.)

Destro's metal face I'm unsure of as not reading any of the comics I have no idea if he is a man in the iron mask type thing as his lips dont move or he can move his lips so they way its been done can work if he has movement.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to ask... they did say it at least once, right? (and if you have to ask, then you're not a Joe fan)

They even made a Kung-Fu grip joke (little 70's joe there) of which I think I was they only one who laughed. There were lots of GI Joe Fans only jokes in the movie. But by "it" I am thinking you mean Yo Joe.

I liked the film, it was not great by a long shot but I enjoyed it. Also, did the scars left from the nano-mites behind the ears look like the Cobra symbol? I thought it did, but I could be wrong. I liked the little extras they added in the film like the addition of non-main (in accordance to the film) GI Joe characters like Cover Girl, Dr Mindbinder, and Sgt Stone. I wish they had more Joes (as extras) in the background, but what are you gonna do.

I wish they had more Joes (as extras) in the background, but what are you gonna do.

They were probably thinking ahead. That just means there are more new Joes to introduce in "GI Joe: 2--The Rise of Cobra La" or whatever.

I wish they had more Joes (as extras) in the background, but what are you gonna do.

They were probably thinking ahead. That just means there are more new Joes to introduce in "GI Joe: 2--The Rise of Cobra La" or whatever.

Or even further down the road...G.I.Joe 3 The Rise and Fall of Cold Slither...True Hollywood Story.

We're cold slither

You'll be joining us soon

A band of vipers

playing our tune

With an iron fist

and a reptitle hiss

we shall rule!

We're tired of words

We've heard it before

We're not gonna play the game no more

Don't tell us what's right

Don't tell us what's wrong

Too late to resist

Cause Cobra is strong

We're cold slither

Heavy metal machine

Through the eyes of a lizard

In you will dream

When the venom stings

A new order brings

our control

I saw this yesterday. I only have a passing familiarity with the GI Joe universe (mainly from the toys) so I wasn't too close to the subject like I was with Transformers (ruined forever!).

I really liked it, thought it was a really good summer movie. The whole Paris chase scene has me inspired to buy the toys for that sequence, and like others have said, the end had a real "Star Wars" vibe which was cool.

I read a review on IMDB afterwards which said that Sienna Miller's breasts stole every scene they were in and I wouldn't disagree with that! She was smokin' hot, and her fight with Scarlett was superb.

I saw this yesterday. I only have a passing familiarity with the GI Joe universe (mainly from the toys) so I wasn't too close to the subject like I was with Transformers (ruined forever!).

I really liked it, thought it was a really good summer movie. The whole Paris chase scene has me inspired to buy the toys for that sequence, and like others have said, the end had a real "Star Wars" vibe which was cool.

I read a review on IMDB afterwards which said that Sienna Miller's breasts stole every scene they were in and I wouldn't disagree with that! She was smokin' hot, and her fight with Scarlett was superb.

The director Stephen Summers actually made Sienna Miller wear breast cups underneath all that leather. So they weren't real they were just "chicken filets"... But she was hot.

The director Stephen Summers actually made Sienna Miller wear breast cups underneath all that leather. So they weren't real they were just "chicken filets"... But she was hot.

That's been denied by several parties. The truth may never actually be known.

That's been denied by several parties. The truth may never actually be known.

All I'm sayin' is I read an AP Entertianment story about a year ago where she was interviewed and she mentioned being a little insulted that the director thought she should wear enhancements under her leather. But that's it. Never heard it mentioned again.