UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Adventures of Starbuck

So my wife loves BSG (as do I) and she also likes minimates (which is good for me) so when they did the new Starbuck from TRU with the tattoo on the arm she wanted it so that when they release the Anders she can have them both with their matching tattoos. So I got her a Starbuck of her own and she decided to take it with us to SDCC this past week and take pictures of Starbuck at different locations in what she calls the Adventures of Starbuck.

You can check out the slideshow of these pictures here. I put this link because she got Edward James Olmos, Michael Hogan, Nicki Clyne, and Bear McCreary to take their pictures with Starbuck and to my knowledge these are the first pictures I am aware of of famous people with minimates. Of course I am sure there may be other pictures like these but I haven't seen them and I think it is so cool to have these great BSG actors with a minimate! Some of the pictures are just random stuff like at Disneyland, but I think it is really cool. Unfortunately we didn't meet Katee Sakhoff but she was at the 24 panel so my wife got a pic with Starbuck and the real Starbuck in the background.

Edited by gambitron

Wow, Edward James Olmos looks shockingly benign... I expect him to be brooding and intense 24/7. Fun slide show! Although having a minimate anywhere near a Lego store just feels wrong to me :P

Also, that is too much cuteness for one family! So congrats on that too :)

Awww, that's adorable! :D And pics of Tigh AND Adama?! SWEET!

Which reminds me: I did something kinda similar when I went to our annual ToyCon last month. No celebrity pictures, just random wacky shots of Robin and Bruce Banner going nuts at the Con.

I really ought to post those pictures :P

Yeah you should post those pics or post a link to them or something. I think it would be cool.

Yeah I didn't know she was taking the picture at the lego store, but atleast she knows how much better minimates are than lego minifigs!

Wow, Edward James Olmos looks shockingly benign... I expect him to be brooding and intense 24/7.

I felt the same way after I met him in Philly at Wizard World. He was a really nice guy, funny too. Love the pics Gambit. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Thanks battlecat!

I forgot the artist's name, but it was the rain-themed one with the umbrella and the bowler hat. (Triclops, I think?) And he fits in perfectly with my Series 5 MAD Spy Dunny :)