UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

China Sucks for Toys

You know when I went to China I thought, wow what a great opportunity to pick up different toys, maybe some Kubricks, maybe some black market minimates :)

Well let me tell you China SUCKS for toys. Toys are overly expensive and nothing is t here for collectors. Well minimate or block figure collectors anyway. The internet was spotty AT BEST

The trip lasted a week longer than expected, then before I could even get home, I had to turn around and leave for an addtional week to go to another state, where I had to tell a plant we were shutting down their facility....70 people without a job in less than a month... so over all it was a fucking horrible trip..

While I was gone, several fine members have honored their sides of trades, so this post is to let everyone know i am back and kicked jet lag..and will live up to my side of the bargain.

A special apology goes out to Doc Holiday...he is a HELL of a guy and more patient than any 3 people I know.

Harley, now that I am back I am going to make all things square.

so moral of the story dont go to China looking for toys...massages on the other hand

moc847

I don't think the majority of chinese people have either the disposable income nor the desire to waste it on toys. Cos let's face it, that's what we as adults do.

What did you think of the country though?

The country was ok, the people were very friendly. It was more modern and western than I would have imagined. However, there were limitations, internet is blocked alot for alot of sites, and goes down A LOT. Overall I got home sick after about 10 days.. :)

There was a hubbub a while back, because Google was actively working with the Chinese government to censor out news and images of the Tienanmen Square incident from Chinese internet searches.

I have a friend who speaks Chinese and has gone there several times, and he says one of the most annoying things is that you are supposed to haggle about price with everyone.

Edited by karamazov80