UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

another newbie here

Hiya...

Been lurking between MinimatesHQ, Central, and AA for some time... maybe more than a year or so actually... and thought i'd actually delurk and say howdy.

The addictive nature of this little plastic articulated crack, took me entirely by surprise... i remember seeing marvel wave five show up in my LCS and thought; "oh hey, Dr. Doom and the Thing... sure why not, it's not like i'll ever care enough to collect this line, i mean, just look at all these x-losers!... i'll just buy these guys to play with"... it was all downhill from there sadly... and now, surveying my desktop as i type this... i'm just a few blanks, santa/silver/gold, and some of the old 3 inchers shy of having the whole freakn' shebang.

Anyhow... if nothing else i thought i ought to say "thanks" to a bunch of you... i've made great (if not maddening) use of various lists, news, reviews, discussions and announcements (i had no idea there would be minimates at Emerald City [i'm in seattle]... if it hadn't been for some of ya'll, i would have totally missed out on that), etc... both posted, linked to, and otherwise between the various sites... it's been awesome, if... you know... occasionally expensive.

who knows, maybe i'll even stick around and toss in a bit or two in the future. ;)

cheers!

(edit; due to size mistake. i said "2 inch" when i meant the older 3' mates.)

As Ady said, I am glad that between us all we were able to help :)

And you are not the first poor wretch to thing "I'll just by.... this one and leave the others!"

Sadly Minimates seem not to work that way :)

yeah, i know that feeling. "hey look doom and iron man! oh and heres susan and the thing. spidey and wolvie wont kill! darktide could be fun! MUST HAVE STREET FIGHTER! NEED PLASTIC CRACK!" it all went downhill from there.

And you are not the first poor wretch to thing "I'll just by.... this one and leave the others!"

Sadly Minimates seem not to work that way :)

...Nor do action figures. :( At least Minimates are cheaper! :(

Welcome Templar, I don't do minimates, but I stop by to chew the fat with a few old friends. :)