UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Writer Warns New Movie Might Suck

Mirymate

I'll say this, I don't mind elements of the Ultimates 2 story creeping in, but I want to see the Hawkeye presonality k80 described, using a bow and trick arrows. I have ZERO interest in watching a pistol toting Punisher-lite Ultimate version.

(And apparently it's been too long since I reread Ult2, thanks for the assist, T42)

One big issue, in my opinion, is the heroes' willingness to kill in these movies. In the comics, good guys typically don't kill unless they absolutely have to (with notable exceptions such as Punisher of course, and non Marvel/DC heroes/teams such as the Authority who kill scores of people). In the Daredevil movie, they made him a remorseless killer which I thought was stupid. Iron Man killed some foreign militants in that movie, which wasn't a bad thing in the context of the film (and after all, he was an arms dealer), but in the comics, I don't think of Iron Man as a guy who flippantly kills. In the Ultimates-verse, I get the impression that this is different, and heroes typically kill bad guys, similar to how Ellis/Millar treated their "pseudo-Avengers" in the Authority.

If they go too far with that component of the Ultimates, then I will be disappointed, but if they want to go for realism, soldier do kill and die in combat.

Edited by karamazov80