UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Suggestions for Exclusive X-Men Origins : Wolverine movie 4-pack?

Rockstar

I think Diamond Select and Art Asylum should release an exclusive X-Men Origins : Wolverine pack similar to what they did for Iron Man. I would expect the following :

John Wraith

Scott Summers with removable sunglasses and "optic blast " head

Weapon XI with "optic blast" head

Gambit with staff and "charged" cards accessories

I think this proposed set would be highly desired among the fans. And I think some of the already developed X-Men Origins : Wolverine minimates were a little unnecessary such as a Deadpool* minimate whose debatable movie counterpart, Weapon XI has more screen time and a Video game inspired shirtless Wolverine.

Please leave feedback on what you would want to see possibly developed.

* This Deadpool doesn't resemble Ryan Reynolds

Edited by Rockstar

I've already posted my wish-list for this set in other threads, but i'd like to see:

Kestrel/John Wraith

Gambit

Weapon XI (Final Fight Deadpool)

Stryker

- but sice we'd never get a set without a wolverine, then Stryker could be replace with a Battle Damaged Logan . . . or Logan with Slurpee variant!

Edited by Nessex

Weapon XI (Final Fight "Deadpool")

fixed that for ya ;)

I saw the "deadpool" parts of that movie, and quite frankly... they turned my favorite character into an abomination, and for that reason alone I will not watch the rest of that film. grrrr.

I couldn't care less about a wolverine movie, I just wanted to see deadpool. heh.

but I digress.

I would still buy the weapon XI mate just for the to use for custom. the scythe-things he would have would be great, i've already got so many ideas!

lol.

Since they are making a Deadpool movie, "fast tracking it" in fact. My guess is they will say

that a switch was pulled

at the last few minutes and Weapon XI

wasn't actually Wade, but some kind of clone

or something. I noticed in the credits that Weapon XI was even

played by a different actor

, so my theory isn't that far fetched.

But I digress. I'd vote for a Battle Damaged Final Fight Wolverine, with a revisable head block with bullet holes in his forehead. Which coincidently I was wishing Stryker had done to me after his "Master Plan" was unveiled.

Since they are making a Deadpool movie, "fast tracking it" in fact. My guess is they will say

that a switch was pulled

at the last few minutes and Weapon XI

wasn't actually Wade, but some kind of clone

or something. I noticed in the credits that Weapon XI was even

played by a different actor

, so my theory isn't that far fetched.

supposedly there are different endings after the credits, two involving DP, one where

weapon XI gets back up and puts his head back on or something

and another one where

weapon XI gets back up and someone standing behind him says "who are you?" or something. that someone is revealed to be an unscathed ryan reynolds.

hope that second one is the canon ending.

As fun as the thought of an Origins boxset would be, I'm actually concerned that it might not be a good idea for DST right now. The movie didn't get the rosiest of receptions and the wave 26 mates were - let's be honest - not that spectacular. I mean, look at wave 15 that never even got released in the first place. Wave 21 meanwhile was a wild success and so they followed that up with the Hostile Takeover set... which AFX now has excess stocks of and which is now pegwarming at our LCS. I'm just saying that maybe the follow-up movie boxset idea may have been just a fluke and nothing more.

Having said that, if we are getting an Origins set than I'd love to get Wraith and Gambit. Weapon XI would be great for laughs, and my future Wave 28 Deadpool can even take out his frustrations on the guy. As for the last spot on the boxset, well... nobody really sticks out for me right now, but I probably wouldn't mind getting Stryker or another Wolverine (:rolleyes:), but Silver Fox's sister (I still hesitate to call her Emma Frost) might be an interesting idea too.

and another one where

weapon XI gets back up and someone standing behind him says "who are you?" or something. that someone is revealed to be an unscathed ryan reynolds.

IIRC the exact line was

"Who the hell are

you supposed to be?" (Much funnier, and more fitting of Deadpool's personality.)

Interesting. We got the

"drinking to remember." Logan-in-Japan

ending after the credits. Can anyone confirm actually seeing the other ending?

and another one where

IIRC the exact line was

"Who the hell are

you supposed to be?" (Much funnier, and more fitting of Deadpool's personality.)

yeah, I was paraphrasing... as I haven't bothered to watch the movie. i've just heard the need-to-know deadpool related stuff. :P

Interesting. We got the

I saw that ending and the one with

Weapon XI's severed head

. I had only heard rumors that there was a third and have yet to hear anyone actually confirm it. On a related note, I read some about the Deadpool spin-off and it sounds promising.

I'd also love to see a Origins boxset (with Weapon XI, Gambit, Wraith and obligatory Logan (BD preferably) but agree that it probably won't happen. We saw an extra boxset for the Iron Man movie only because it was a successful movie and that wave sold well. I'm not sure the same will be said about Origins once the wave is officially out everywhere.

Interesting. We got the

I got the

as well. I have YouTubed the

"Shhhhhhhh" Weapon XI severed head ending

, but i have never seen the

\"Who the hell are you supposed to be?"

ending. I'm starting to think it may be an urban legend.

Also - the guy playing Weapon XI was (i think) Ryan Reynolds stunt double - hence the similarity in build and height.

If you want to make x men mates great

Just make them from . . .AOA.

Moc847

YES YES YES!

If you want to make x men mates great

Just make them from . . .AOA.

Moc847

YES YES YES!

Seconded YES YES YES!!

So this has been talked abotu for a while. Personally, i'd want:

Wraith

Emma (Diamond or Regular. Hell, give me both torsos with two sets of arms and a reversible head!!)

Scott ( I love that idea of an optic-blast head. That'd kick ass.)

Weapon XII (Alternate hands without bandages.)

Of course, we'd need a PX 2-pack to finish the line-up:

Stryker (with Adamantium pistol + bullet box)

BD Logan (just to say that we have finally have the BD version of the ONLY BIG-FIVE WITHOUT ONE!! :angry: And that'd be effin cool...:P)

Just make them from the 616 or AOA.

And more Ultimate.

Please.

What? I thought the only ones left alive were the ones they mates of already? I'm just sayin'.

And more Ultimate.

Please.

What? I thought the only ones left alive were the ones they mates of already? I'm just sayin'.

Not when Ultimate Comics starts up. :blush: God that's gonna be great...excpet for the Asian Black Widow. Please, no. Just no. She needs to stay Russian. And NOT Nick Fury's ex. :blink:

And more Ultimate.

Please.

Not when Ultimate Comics starts up. :blush: God that's gonna be great...excpet for the Asian Black Widow. Please, no. Just no. She needs to stay Russian. And NOT Nick Fury's ex. :blink:

Ghost Rider. And Blade returns. And the "African-American Hulk" who I'm getting a Joe Fixit vibe from.

Go Ultimate Avengers.

Man did you see waht happened to

Dr. Strange

in the last Ultimatum? That was the best death yet!