UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bitch City!!

Crikey!

Guys and girls, it is with great relief that I return to the fold of sane and pleasant people after my recent experience on a parenting nessage board called "mumsnet".

I don't normally go in for that sort of thing, but it was in the news last week and I thought I'd go along and have a look. Basically, it's supposed to be a website and message board for parents to exchange news and views....just don't try posting an opinion. I did, I posted about some real experiences I had because I thought it would be helpful to somebody. Talking about sticking your head above the parapet!

I have been swooped on from a great height by banshee women from Hell, and all I did was offer a bit of support to someone on the board.

I have never met such a bunch of bitches in my life....anywhere...especially in cyber space! They must all be hag bags full of raging hormones or driven half mad by their screaming offspring, but they are nasteeeeeeeeeee :angry::angry::angry:

What kills me is that these women are supposed to be mothers, but trust me, you wouldn't want to let your kid go for a sleepover in one their houses!!

You wouldn't want to meet them in a dark alley at night!

I don't remember having a "nappy~brain" like that at all. :blink::blink:

Anyway, I told them (politely) what I thought of them and promptly deregistered.

I have never deregistered from a message board before. No wonder childcare guru Gina Ford wants to shut 'em down!

I'm actually embarrassed to be a woman at the moment.

I'm actually embarrassed to be a woman at the moment.

I only ever had that problem when walking past a busload of people dressed in Drag! :unsure:

As for mumsnet... well I think that young mums do tend to be fairly strongly spoken, maybe it's part of the defence mechanism towards the child, that and I've always been amazed how thrown in at the deep end mums are... every baby should be born with a manual ( obviously one with rounded corners :o ).

T.

Indeed Timbo they are thrown in at the deep end, and you would therefore think that information from experienced mothers would be appreciated.

You can ignore advice or agree with it, but these are just a bunch of judgemental harridans! They're not there to help each other out, but to engage in some kind of pissing contest!

Honestly Timbo, I've never seen the like. They make the old AA Trek Talk look like the Care Bear Bunch! :lol:

They don't deserve you anyway Jules!

Thanks! And as a result they don't have me anymore. :)

You called someone a "TOStado," didn't you. I knew that would be a problem somewhere. ;)

My wife (mother of three) is registered with a couple different parenting boards. She's no spring chicken either and tries her best to give good advice to new moms. Unfortunately it often falls on deaf ears. Young mothers get SO defensive about the littlest things (like whether a certain revealing picture of Paris Hilton is Photoshopped or not :rolleyes: ). Banshees indeed.

Let's just say Mad Cow disease isn't unique to the UK or steer. If they've got that much energy to burn over petty bull, they should get off the keyboard and go do a load of laundry.

^^^LOL!!

Yeah, that's kind of my take on it too! If they have that kind of energy to burn, maybe they'd be better employed doing something with their baby, or house...or husband (that would make him happy as young mums aren't known for being amorous :P:P

Back in the day, I know I was too busy to have spent much time on line (had the net even existed then), and this is a UK based site so the timezone is the same! When Miranda took a nap, then I did too ~ I was usually too knackered doing the job, let alone talking about it! :P

I sympathise with MissusPL. Nothing beats experience ~ and with three she'll have more experience than me! I found listening to other mums was the best way to get through the hard task of bringing up baby, but then again I guess I'm wasn't too arrogant not to want try out advice if it sounded like it might work. I was hoping to pass spme of it on, but GEE, that's the last time I try to give advice on "Time Out"! :lol::lol::lol:

3 things

1. they got mad about time out advice on an open forum you had a right o your opinion so don't let this bunch of "Harpies" make you not want to tell people about child care for every one that gets mad at you there are probably 2 that you helped

2. mums.net is that just a U.K. thing

3. what does "TOStado" mean

^^^1. Absolutely!! It's supposed to be a discussion forum, but if you don't tow the politically correct line over there, they swoop in on you like a bunch of coven outriders, and they make people who are less than excellent parents, but wanting advice to be better, feel really bad just for being honest.

2. Yes, mainly it's a UK thing I think. :)

3. TOStados....hmmmmmmmm!! Back in the day on the old Trek Talk forums at AA, I had a phrase for people who were mainly fans of Star Trek The Original Series, and maybe not such great fans of the others....suffice to say...enuff said. :lol::lol::lol::P

.....otheriwse it's a Spanish snack involving toasted bread!! :lol: