UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Vanilla Minimate Custom Contest!

luke314pi

vanilla.jpg

The second Minimate Factory custom contest is here! Each of our contests will put your skills as a customizer to the test. Last time you were restricted to only using black & white colors. This time you will be restricted in a different way. We all know how DST puts certain characters into a wave to save on costs. These characters typically have very few, if any, new parts and accessories. In fact, if you don't count hand held accessories like guns, nine Marvel waves have at least one "plain vanilla" minimate, not to mention other vanilla minimates in box sets and other lines. This will be the theme of this contest.

You will create a custom that uses no accessories, no sculpted parts, and no body parts outside of a "plain vanilla" minimate. This means no hairpieces, gloves, boots, guns, etc. Just picture the original Spider-Man minimate as an example. This contest will be won based on design skills and painting skills.

Character choice is completely up to you. You could even give it an abstract paint job instead of making a known character.

I have gathered another great set of customizing tools for prizes on behalf of Minimate Factory, and Shanester has generously donated three Invaders packs as well on behalf of MMV.

1st Place:

51M8C0S0ZYL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

DSC00067t.jpg

41Sm8YyaDyL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

Includes: A Dremel 7700-02 MultiPro Two-Speed Rotary Tool with 50 Accessories, a cutting tool set, a set of 12 paint brushes, a pack of 5 Ultra-Fine Sharpies, two bottles of super glue - one brush-on and one control gel, and a set of Invaders minimates.

2nd Place:

DSC00073t.jpg

Includes: A set of 12 paint brushes, a pack of 5 Ultra-Fine Sharpies, two bottles of super glue - one brush-on and one control gel, and a set of Invaders minimates.

3rd Place:

DSC00074t.jpg

Includes: A pack of 5 Ultra-Fine Sharpies, a bottle of brush-on super glue, and a set of Invaders minimates.

Rules:

1.) Your custom can only use a standard 2" minimate body with normal head, hands, and feet (classic or C3 are acceptable). No hairpieces, chest pieces, gloves, boots, guns, sculpted parts, or any other accessory of any kind.

2.) Please submit a manageable sized picture of your custom in this thread.

3.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post, previous customs/contest entries are not allowed.

4.) The character selection is completely up to you.

5.) Please provide a link to a source picture of the character your minimate custom is based from.

6.) Only one minimate per entry per person.

7.) Anyone can enter, but due to the content of the first place prize pack, you must be 18 years of age or older, or provide me with a signed parental consent form if you should win this prize.

===============================================================

Dates:

Entries will be accepted between now and Saturday June 20th at 11:59 PM CST.

Voting begins once Contest Gallery has been posted on June 21st and ends June 24th at 11:59 PM CST.

Winners will be posted on June 25th.

===============================================================

Voting:

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, the top three best designs you feel are the most creative and well-made.

1.) Best Custom

2.) Second Best Custom

3.) Third Best Custom

Anyone can vote, even the participants.

If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.

The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.

Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts.

During the voting period, please send all ballots by PM to me.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Good luck, have fun, and don't forget to finish your Charitymates customs too!

Edited by luke314pi

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds tuff,damn! :D

Hehehe... I already know the perfect one!

I guess you should ask Luke if all kinds of nudes are allowed, TM2.

(On the other hand, since you have to be 18 to participate...)

:P

no,you have to be 18 to get the 1st prize,he can enter

I am betting Shamrock wishes he'd waited a few more days before posting that Earth X Venom.

(still fighting the itch to start customizing again with these)

I think technically you're right, but I probably wouldn't use them anyway since they go against the spirit of the contest. The challenge is to make a "vanilla" Minimate look good using JUST that template... which isn't that different from what companies like Medicom, Toy2r and Kidrobot try to do all the time. (FYI, the respective producers of the Be@rbrick, Qee and Dunny.)