UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Caprica movie

Mattallica

no one has mentioned this yet?

i just got done watching it and although it starts out somewhat slow and is kind of predictable in some parts it is really good!

i dont want to talk too much about it as to spoil it for anyone butif you like Battlestar Galactica you have got to check this out.

Damn now i have to wait until sometime in 2010 for the series to start uggh!!!

oh by the way we definatly need Caprica minimates now! Zoe, Will, Dr. Graystone, uhhh ending Zoe and friend maybe even Serge :D

Edited by Mattallica

Not only DVD, but it also available on iTunes, at least the US one from what i know. I haven't seen it yet, but bought it yesterday and plan to watch it Monday on my way to DC for a school trip. :)

Looks very awsome, and being in a JROTC unit i loved both the war AND political side to the BSG world. Season 4 seemed to be more war and this seems more political, so i hope to love it.

On a side, unrelated note, BSG: The Final Five comic came out Wednesday. I plan to enjoy that tomorrow. :P

.... this seems more political...

Hmmm Maybe, maybe not

#####caution -Big spoiler - caution######

this show is about the origin of the cylon centurions, shows all the whos and hows

if you are a BSG fan you must see this show, i cant emphatize this enough.

Edited by Mattallica

I just bought/watched it tonight. This is every bit as good as BSG, and a definite "must see" for all fans of the epic series. I can't wait to see what's in store for 2010, but that's soooo far away! Why, oh why didn't I just wait until the series was about to begin (I just couldn't resist) to get hooked on this? This is almost as bad as the extended wait during the writer's strike!

Oh well, don't we have "The Plan" coming-up soon (Fall, I believe)? This and re-watching BSG will keep me busy until we can get some weekly-fixes again!

While I don't really see this series being merchandised (though I'd definitely support anything they'd like to attempt!), I do hope that DST frakk'n seizes the opportunity to release some more BSG stuff while there is still demand through these 2 spin-offs and the complete box set release. While there seems to be quite a bit planned for the 7" (though I'm still worried about an incomplete cast), I still need to see some more Minimates!!

There is nothing at all about this being shown on UK TV :(

the series is not slated to start until sometime in 2010 on sci fi here in the US just the dvd movie out for now

Someone lone BHM a copy!! This is (probably-see it tomorrow) an EPIC continuation to the BSG saga, and he deserves to see it as much as any of us devotees. All BSG fans should get to see it.

And OMG that Final Five comic was incredible as just 1-of-4!! I mean, it revealed so much, and answered a hell of a lot of questions!! If you don't plan to read it or just wanna know:

It takes place 4000 years ago. The Quorum of 12 still exists, but there is a "13th" member, MICHAEL TIGH. Yeah, Saul used to be "Michael." The others hate the idea of an Earth-rep on the Quoum and want him dead. So whatsotheydo?? They shoot him point-blank. He returns in the Hub in his "wife's" arms (not revealed if they are married here. Turns out they want him out because he supports the teachings and rebellion of a girl named PYTHIA, who believes in the power of One Divine God. Well, he breaks her out of prison on the day she is sentenced to death and is aided by a man in destoying the city via explosion. The man dies. Michael runs with a dying Pythia in his arms, she says "On Aurora's wings, a place called Earth" and how they must settle there. The man who killed him before returns and states that this'll be the last time he dies; the Hub on this planet was destroyred in the explosion. He shoots him, and the bullet passes through his chest and into Pythia's skull. We see Michael stagger along into the sunset, and then rioting in the streets being controlled by men in METAL SUITS (hinthint). Finally we get to the Hub in space, were Ellen stands over a "tub" and thanks that man for helping get Pythia out of there. She asks his name, and he replies "John. John Cavill."

:blink: (Awsome likeness, btw). Lastly, we see Michael staring literally into space, thinking of if he'll see Pythia again someday. As if on cue, and my favorite part of the comic, the last frame shows him turn around to see Pythia tell him that she has "Much to tell him." What is she wearing?? A RED DRESS with SHORT, PLATINUM HAIR. Dun-dun-duuuuuun.

Incredible comic, can't wait to see where it goes and what else is revealed.