UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

7 inch Back to the Future Deloreans

Don't know if these will end up being in scale with Minimates or not, but just saw these for pre-order at BBTS:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;picture=out

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.as...p;category=3793

Since the DST versions will be too big, maybe these could be cheaper alternatives to the Sunstar vehicles

Edited by karamazov80

I also have that delorean, and it only cost me about £15 off eBay a while back. It looks good next to the mates, but they can't sit in it properly.

• 3 months later...

What about the new 1/18th scale one coming out soon? (the second link above).. with lights and sounds and a little bigger car it looks like it could be a perfect fit. Around $40.. I know.. but it just looks so darn nice.. I would love it if it was an "unofficial" minimate display figure. Anyone have any news from AA on how this looks with minis?

I may have to pick it up as a birthday present for myself later this year. :)

and yes.. I will put it in my car and then drive 88 mph to see if it disappers and burns two flaming stripes across my seat. :P

The 1:18th scale car will be a bit too big. It will be more in-scale with GI Joes. There was also recent news that that version will no longer have the DMC logo because of a licensing issue.

I don't think that they will for the DST 1/18th scale version, as it is based off the car from BTTF 1. The BTTF 2 Delorean from Sunstar supposedly does have folding wheels, and the one from Welly supposedly does not.

I may have to recant my previous post, though, as I am now recalling a review where one guy took pics and claimed that the Minimates actually fit better in the 1:18 Sunstar than the 1:24 Welly models. I will look for it if I get a chance.

--edit: found it:

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/toys/bttfmm.php

I think the Sunstar does look a bit too big (look at Marty's feet in the pic where he is inside), but the figures can fit completely inside, legs and all, and the doors can close.

Edited by karamazov80

do either of these have wheels that fold under for flight? I remember an old M.A.S.K. toy I had as a kid did that and I always pretended it was my time machine. :P

i do remember MASK in face when minimates first came out i used the MASK cars for the. they were a little big but it was a lot of fun. then my parents threw them all out :( but i still have the figures.