UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2009 4-Day Passes just about gone

Ivan

If I'm reading the availability chart at the Comic-Con website correctly, the 4-Day passes are almost sold out.

I don't know how long that chart has been up, but I first noticed it on Monday or Tuesday this week. It was stuck at 80% sold out until today when it jumped to 96%. In previous years I've been able to make sure I had a hotel before buying the pass, but I couldn't risk that 4% disappearing before hotel registration opens next Thursday.

If you haven't purchased your pass yet (and are planning on going, obviously :)), now is probably the time to do it.

*If this turns out to be a clerical error or stunt on CCI's part, don't blame me. :)

Have a great time guys :) I have to get the Mrs. to cancel our reservations and tickets soon, so we don't lose anything. For those who haven't been, you'll be blown away and overwhelmed. There is so much to do. My advice is hit the smaller booths on Preview Night, but use it mainly as recon. The big guns will have enormous lines and it just makes it a wash to stand in lines on PN. They usually slow down a bit the closer you get to Sunday. Sure, you might miss out on something, but you can usually track things down after SDCC. They also have baggage claim to drop off your goodies, so you don't get tired. Not to mention having a messenger bag to carry snacks and juice. I'd also recommend going somewhere else for lunch, unless you like that kind of stuff. It gives you a chance to recharge the batteries and have a few drinks before resuming the con. Anyway, have a blast and take some pictures ;)

Going, going, GONE!!!

So preview night is sold out and technically you can still attend all 4 days. It'll just be full price.

Is this a case of all the hardcore guys making sure they can get in this early? CCI limiting registration? I was shocked to see the bar pretty full already a few weeks back. Good thing I always pre-register a year in advance knowing that I can cancel in June if I can't make it.

Is there anyone I can room with? The hotels just opened up today and most of them are sold out already :< This is my first time so I'm not familiar with the area, and I'm not comfortable with staying at a hotel six miles or more away from the convention center with no indication of transportation.

I was strangely enough toying with the idea of asking the same question? I am stunned that SDCC is selling so well so early! There is a huge amount of accomodation near the Convention Centre & whilst I left it very late last year I managed to get a room within walking distance. It probably wouldn't be considered a great hotel (motel) & it was in what was considered a bit dodgy but I had no problems. Put it this way "if it was good enough for Shocker Toys it was good enough for me".

Seriously though I would recommend booking (or trying to book) 'away from' the SDCC links to hotels & try for varying lengths of stay. I'll have a look myself in the next 24.

I never realized there were that many near the convention center.

http://www.visitsandiego.com/maps/google/D...wnhotelmap.html

The Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel wasn’t open last year, I believe, but it seems like it is now. I remember that was supposed to help with the hotel situation (and help bring revenue to the city), but I guess demand is still pretty high. I wouldn’t know where the hostels are, though.

As for transportation, there are plenty of shuttle routes that go to most of the hotels, I believe. This is last year’s map but I would assume it would be similar this year.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/forms/cci08_shuttle.pdf