UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ultimate X-Men/Spiderman

Dan

So since it's launch a good few years ago I've collected the UK reprint of Ultimate X-Men, with 2 american issues per UK issue. About a year and a half ago they merged the reprints of Ult X-Men and Spider-man together and so I collected those. At the end of the last issue there was a message saying that was the end of these comics. Naturally I was heartbroken a these are the only comics I regularly read.

So my question is what came next. The comic finished with the end of the Apocolyse saga in Ult. X-Men and the Clone Saga in Ult. Spidey.

Did Ultimatum come straight after and if so is that in it's own issue, or issues of FF, X-Men, Spidey etc? Are those out as graphic novels yet?

How many issues of Ult. X-Men have there been since Apocolypse?

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since it's launch a good few years ago I've collected the UK reprint of Ultimate X-Men, with 2 american issues per UK issue. About a year and a half ago they merged the reprints of Ult X-Men and Spider-man together and so I collected those. At the end of the last issue there was a message saying that was the end of these comics. Naturally I was heartbroken a these are the only comics I regularly read.

So my question is what came next. The comic finished with the end of the Apocolyse saga in Ult. X-Men and the Clone Saga in Ult. Spidey.

Did Ultimatum come straight after and if so is that in it's own issue, or issues of FF, X-Men, Spidey etc? Are those out as graphic novels yet?

How many issues of Ult. X-Men have there been since Apocolypse?

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

Ultimate X-Men has had about seven issues since Apocalypse collected in the TPB called Ultimate Power and in the ongoing Ultimatum storyline.

Ultimate Spider-Man has had four TPBs out since Clones. Volumes 18, 19, 20 and 21. After that is Ultimatum

GET OUT! I was totally about to start a USM thread yesterday! OMG I love this series so much! It's the best ever!

Okay... Now that I've curbed my inner fangirl, I can safely state that Ultimate Clone Saga is one of the best things to ever happen to comics. Totally worth the read.

!

!!

!!!

WHY do these %#@^@ers feel the need to relaunch everything? I am the only person in the world that feels a sense of accomplishment at reading an issue in the triple digits? I jumped into Witchblade just before the 100 issue mark and did just fine.

What's wrong with these people?!

!

!!

!!!

WHY do these %#@^@ers feel the need to relaunch everything? I am the only person in the world that feels a sense of accomplishment at reading an issue in the triple digits? I jumped into Witchblade just before the 100 issue mark and did just fine.

What's wrong with these people?!

It's because of Ultimatum. Apparently there's gonna be a huge status quo change from it and every Ultimate book is ending. Which makes me believe it's going to start from #1 in the next.

Plus our Marvel contact's information gives me some clues...

See, I thought everything BUT USM was ending. Everything else can end but leave my Spidey alone!

Okay, so someone fill me in on ultimatum. What's the low down on this?

Magneto is pissed and trying to kill everyone.

That's the story in a nutshell. More detailed: Magneto creates a huge tidal wave with Thor's hammer (stole it in Ultimates 3) and it kills

Dazzler, Nightcrawler,Dr. Storm, maybe Beast, maybe Captain America, and the wife and son of Reverend Willaim Stryker. The Wasp gets eaten.

So Reed blames Namor and goes after him. Takes Namor down and Xavier tells everyone that Magneto did it. Issue 2 Magneto kills

Xavier by snapping his neck

Now in the tie-ins, some other deaths happen. Nobody in Spider-Man, nobody in FF, but in X-Men

Syndicate, and Juggernaut

are killed.

So yeah... thet's pretty much it.

And this is NOT the end, as it seems.

Loeb on Post-Ultmiatum

AND

Millar on Post-Ultimatum

No matter what you think of him, be sure to read Loeb's. He is actually more informative than Millar on Ultimatum and what happens next. And USM is going to continue! Schweet!

Well, my LCS guy said they dropped the solicitation at #130. And I didn't even get a good bye letter saying "Been a nice run"

Man I am so depressed.

Also, I know this is unorthodox, but If somehow I came across scans of FF 59 and 60, and UXM 99 and 100, I'd be eternally grateful. I want to read the Ultimatium tie ins. Once my LCS get's Ultimatium in. :(

Well, my LCS guy said they dropped the solicitation at #130. And I didn't even get a good bye letter saying "Been a nice run"

Man I am so depressed.

Also, I know this is unorthodox, but If somehow I came across scans of FF 59 and 60, and UXM 99 and 100, I'd be eternally grateful. I want to read the Ultimatium tie ins. Once my LCS get's Ultimatium in. :(

You don't have Ultimatum yet?? Aww, you shoulda told me, TM2; i would've tried to pick you up some when i bought mine. They've sold out now. Hell, i'm still waiting for 3 to be released. I mean, it's been what, almost 2 months now?? <_<

As for Ult. Spidey, i started around 127...and am loving it. I just haven't bought the trades because i hate how Mavrel colorcodes them and makes them look silly. Silly trades have no place on my shelves.

When it comes to Ult. X-Men, i've only considered buying them once, at NYCC, because it was a Phoenix-saga trade. Never bought any, probably never will.

I wonder what'll be next after this Ultimate phase of Marvel is done...Fabulous X-Men?? Yeah, um, no... :P

To clarify, the next UXM TBP after Apocalypse is not called Ultimate Power, it is called Absolute Power. Ultimate power is a 9 issue miniseries, featuring the Squadron Supreme vs. The Ultimate Marvel Universe.

After the clone saga is USM, there is

Vol. 18 : Ultimate Knights (Daredevil, Iron Fist, Moon Knight/Ronin, Shang-Chi, etc. guest star, as well as the Kingpin)

Vol. 19 : Death of a Goblin (New artist Stuart Immonen, features Norman and Harry Osborne)

Vol 20 : Ultimate Spider-man and his amazing friends (Firestar is introduced, guest stars the X-men and some minor villains)

Vol 21 : War of the Symbiotes (Ties in with the videogame and features Venom and Carnage)

After the Ultimatum tie-in, all titles will be cancelled. USM will be relaunched and 2 new Avengers/Ultimates title will be launched.

I used to collect USM/UXM, but my local newsagents stopped carrying it so I moved to TBPs. I regret nothing!

To clarify, the next UXM TBP after Apocalypse is not called Ultimate Power, it is called Absolute Power. Ultimate power is a 9 issue miniseries, featuring the Squadron Supreme vs. The Ultimate Marvel Universe.

Damn it! How'd I screw THAT up? And I call myself an Ultiamtes expert...

I suck.

Anyone else pumped for Ultimate Avengers? That looks damn AWESOME!

Thanks for all the replies and help guys, and especiallythanks for the sum up Vig.

And Trekker I'm disappointed in you. :P :P

Looks like I have quite a lot to catch up on, but for me TPB's are more expensive that the comics I'd collect. I'd pay £1.95 for a joint issue of X-Men/Spidey (one issue of each printed together). A whole story is normally about 6 issues max right? so for around £12 I'd get two whole story arcs, one Spidey, one X-Men. TPB's cost me £11 each at my LCS so I'm paying practically double the price now. :(

Maybe I'll give some of the Spidey ones a miss as X-Men is where my love lies.

Thanks for all the replies and help guys, and especiallythanks for the sum up Vig.

And Trekker I'm disappointed in you. :P :P

Looks like I have quite a lot to catch up on, but for me TPB's are more expensive that the comics I'd collect. I'd pay £1.95 for a joint issue of X-Men/Spidey (one issue of each printed together). A whole story is normally about 6 issues max right? so for around £12 I'd get two whole story arcs, one Spidey, one X-Men. TPB's cost me £11 each at my LCS so I'm paying practically double the price now. :(

Maybe I'll give some of the Spidey ones a miss as X-Men is where my love lies.

YOu should remember that X-Men is ending. Done. Finished. Spider-Man will continue. So if you wish to keep reading Ultimate, you should probably catch up on Spider-Man.

So I got Ult Spider 131 and Ultimatum #2 (still no #1) I must say I am very VERY disappointed. First of all, they drop the Spidey story arc that appeared to have going, secondly, I'm paying $3 for what? 18 pages? I want my full 32 pages of unending action, not adds every other page. Look at Invincible. THAT is what Ult Spidey used to be. Lastly

they're fixing to kill Spidey?! WTF?! 133 is the last issue, and then there's a 2 part "remembering spiderman" mini series. OMG, kill me now.

Ultimatium, I think I should have read Ultimates first. Though I am curious what will happen with all these dead heroes. I mean, they killed EVERYBODY off! Oh, and

Blob eating Wasp was disgusting. WTF people. Seriously, wtf?

So I got Ult Spider 131 and Ultimatum #2 (still no #1) I must say I am very VERY disappointed. First of all, they drop the Spidey story arc that appeared to have going, secondly, I'm paying $3 for what? 18 pages? I want my full 32 pages of unending action, not adds every other page. Look at Invincible. THAT is what Ult Spidey used to be. Lastly

they're fixing to kill Spidey?! WTF?! 133 is the last issue, and then there's a 2 part "remembering spiderman" mini series. OMG, kill me now.

Ultimatium, I think I should have read Ultimates first. Though I am curious what will happen with all these dead heroes. I mean, they killed EVERYBODY off! Oh, and

Blob eating Wasp was disgusting. WTF people. Seriously, wtf?

Welcome to Loebland. And I doubt they're

killing Spidey. Bet it's gonna be a MPD thing.

The series is continuing after all.

TM2, they can't physically kill off Ult. Spidey. Are you forgetting that

once Ultimatum and the Ultimate titles come to a close they relaunch as Ultimate Comics, in which there will be Ult. Comics Avgers, Ult. Comics (insert team name i forgot here), and Ult. Comics Spiderman?? So yeah; they can't really kill him.

;)

TM2, they can't physically kill off Ult. Spidey. Are you forgetting that

once Ultimatum and the Ultimate titles come to a close they relaunch as Ultimate Comics, in which there will be Ult. Comics Avgers, Ult. Comics (insert team name i forgot here), and Ult. Comics Spiderman?? So yeah; they can't really kill him.

;)

The blank is New Ultimates.