UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 27 & 28 ?????

ramseesthegreat1

Possible future waves remind me of how the previous Minimate waves were released: were all of them tied in with a Specific Marvel comic/movie release or were they sorta random? The release of the Apocalypse minimate didn't seem to coincide with any current comic storylines, but others seemed to (the Captain America/Nick Fury pack seemed to coincide with Civil War while the Havok/Polaris one seemed to lead up to the Vulcan storylines, not to mention the War of Kings lead-up... I could be wrong on any of these, of course)

The way I see it, there are three different rationales DST would follow with regards to future waves:

1. A random (or as we would colloquially call it, a chop suey) assortment, which would encompass some of the essential/most prominent Marvel characters of any era. This is the best chance to release those much-wanted classic Spidey villains like Lizard, Vulture, etc, not to mention semi-obscure X-Men like Longshot, Jubilee or Forge (hey, you'll never know)

2. A tie-in with an upcoming Marvel event like a movie or comic crossover. As far as comic crossovers go the two biggest ones would be Dark Reign and War of Kings. Dark Reign would be a nice opportunity to release sets of Dark Avengers or the Dark Illuminati (i.e. The Hood and female Loki), while War of Kings would be a prime time for sets of the Starjammers (including a Lilandra or Rachel Gray minimate), the Inhumans or Vulcan

3. A combination of the two, which would be a good opportunity for the absolutely out-of-left-field WTF sets (think Marvel equivalents of Lobo/Ambush Bug, like... Alpha Flight or something)

Either approach works fine as long as they don't go crazy with the ridiculously obscure selections... I would probably hate getting a girl Loki before even getting a classic Avengers character like Falcon or Black Widow. And DST would be crazy not to release Inhumans minimates in time for War of Kings (the Wolverine Origins wave looks like a good sign that DST has finally learned its lesson with regards to release dates)

Edited by NorthRaider

does he com wit a mask?

Well, we have known-knowns, that is to say, things that we know that we know; we have known-unknowns, or things that we know that we don't know; and we have unknown-unknowns, or things that we don't know that we don't know. . .uh, what was the question again?

who the hell let Dick Cheney on the board? dont you have a friend to shoot in the face, waiting for you someplace, go away old man! :D

does he com wit a mask?

Well, we have known-knowns, that is to say, things that we know that we know; we have known-unknowns, or things that we know that we don't know; and we have unknown-unknowns, or things that we don't know that we don't know. . .uh, what was the question again?

who the hell let Dick Cheney on the board? dont you have a friend to shoot in the face, waiting for you someplace, go away old man! :D

That was Rumsfeld, wasn't he?

But I thing Cap also mentioned something like that during Civil War, being a basic military strategy: keep the unknown-unknows to a minimum.

Am I wrong?

Is this some kind of unkown-knowing?

:wacko:

for some reason, I have a feeling we are going to see a hercules minimate this year
Well, they just released Skaar... It wouldn't be completely out of DST's capacity to release another barbarian-looking minimate.

And who let the troll in? I though Secret Invasion was over... :confused:

Welcome to the forum "the corrupt indian" :)

Yeah, SERIES 27 will have COMIC DEADPOOL. Don't forget however, that SERIES 26 will have MOVIE DEADPOOL.

Comic deadpool WILL HAVE A MASK. Movie Deadpool MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE A MASK. (DST has given us surprise accessories in the past)

We need anything Inhumans, Thunderbolts (hell I'd even take the Dark Avengers) or more cosmic characters. God... we more subjects to talk about. :ermm:

I look forward to the day when I can safely look at my Kang and Black Panther minimates and not have to ask about them ever being released.

What do you mean? I have a Black Panther mate on my shelf.... what's left of him anyway. :)

We need anything Inhumans, Thunderbolts (hell I'd even take the Dark Avengers) or more cosmic characters. God... we more subjects to talk about. :ermm:

I look forward to the day when I can safely look at my Kang and Black Panther minimates and not have to ask about them ever being released.

What do you mean? I have a Black Panther mate on my shelf.... what's left of him anyway. :)

Allow me to correct myself.

I meant a non-snacked on version. More classic Kirby, less missing parts. :)

A new black panther seems like a no brainer...

but dont count my opinion....all I want are Avengers and Villians.. :)

OK I do want a long shot, shatterstar, x-man, mr sinister, grey beast, son of a bitch i still want a ton....

do me a favor, make a kang this year... it has been a rough year and kang would be a bright spot thanks santa....er DST / AA.

moc847

to clarify....

Wave 24- Released

Wave 25- Wave with Red Skull

Wave 26- Wolverine MOVIE Wave (we don't know if deadpool will come with a mask. Wikipedia says that dp will have a scarred up face by the end of the move...)

Wave 26- Wave w/ comic deadpool (has mask)

OI! SPOILER Much? :angry:

A new black panther seems like a no brainer...

but dont count my opinion....all I want are Avengers and Villians.. :)

OK I do want a long shot, shatterstar, x-man, mr sinister, grey beast, son of a bitch i still want a ton....

do me a favor, make a kang this year... it has been a rough year and kang would be a bright spot thanks santa....er DST / AA.

moc847

I really don't care if we ever get another X-Man. I'd rather just have Avengers related characters. Kang would be so sweet but so would Crossbones, The Executioner, The Destroyer, Zemo, Grim Reaper, Attuma, Enchantress, Annihilus, Mephisto, Batroc the Leaper... I could go on and on.