UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Sigma 6

I got my Destro today...at K-Mart of all places. i would have picked up more for you guys, but he was the only one. He really is better than i expected.

1. The jacket is not as puffy as I thought it would be.

2. His head is actually plated in 2 shades of chrome like in the toon,

and looks very nice.

3. His torso is also 2 shades of silver

if anyone is interested in pictures, i can load some up tomorrow

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K-Mart seems to be the place to get the Sigma 6 around here... All five of my Sky Bats came from different K-Marts. I never even saw that figure anywhere else.

I did get the new wave about a week ago... Destro is the stand out star, but I really like the Arctic Duke and the Jungle Snake-eyes... especially the Snake-eyes... There's just something about it that I really like...

• 2 weeks later...

Not only is handsomedevil a handsome devil, he's also got the hook up on the Sigma 6 figures in Cincy. I checked the Tri-County Target today as he suggested and found my Destro. I wouldn't have Destro or Hi-Tech right now if not for him.

Handsomedevil, you're my hero!!!!! :P

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip Nervous... I haven't found these around here yet... Tons of Wave 1 figures clogging the shelves... Only one store in the area I know of ever got the Destro wave...

Hasbro Toy Shop now has free shipping on orders over $50... Glad I didn't order these figures last night...

Stone (x2), Zartan, Cobra Commander (Black), Arctic Snake-Eyes (with Timber!), and the new T-Rat should be at my door within 7-10 days...

• 2 weeks later...

Since Hasbro Toy Shop screwed me, I didn't end up getting those figures from them. Yesterday, the K-Mart down the road from me had them setting on their shelves all bright and shiny like...

Lt. Stone is by far the stand out star of this series. I honestly wasn't as happy with Zartan once I opened him up.. Dont' know why, might be the massive, movement hampering gauntlets...

Now, I've just gotta find the new series of 2.5" stuff, and I'm all caught up again...

Yeah, as much as I love Zartan, elbow movement is practically non-existant. Stone is the best of the bunch for sure. Still, I'm pretty pleased with Zartan, and I'm digging the black suit Cobra Commander with his closed helmet and no stupid "battle-damage-He-Man" feature.

This is an outstanding toy line. All the 3/34" purists who are hating on Sigma 6 are missing out.

Alot of the 3 3/4 guys have changed their tune. Figures like Destro, Zartan and the upcoming Grand Slam, Shipwreck and Gung Ho have really made them re-think this line. I think most of them are now seeing it as an expansion, not just a re-do...

I've loved the figures from the start, and I do still pick up the occasional lil' guy, and love them as well, but the Sigma figures are better by leaps and bounds... Maybe with the 25th anniversary of the 3 3/4" line next year, Hasbro will step up and deliver some sweetness, otherwise, I'd say that the 3 3/4 line is probably done for...

I fear the same thing for the 3-3/4 line...not too concerned though, my main collecting of those is just all the old ones from the early 80's. I also agree about Zartan...I was just not blown away like I thought I would be, and believe it or not, out of the three I got (Stone, Zartan, CC), my favorite is Cobra Commander. He's the only one I have displayed right now, just looks so smooth standing there.

ps. Antacost, what happened with hasbro toy shop?

I haven't opened my Commander yet... Since there probably aren't going to be any more new figures for a few months, I've decided to pace myself with the opening...

As far as the Toy Shop goes:

When I placed my order, I set it up for a billing address and a shipping address. I was still waiting for my second Dragonhawk to show up from them... The first one never did, so I thought I would eliviate any porch-theft by having it shipped to work. Apparently, their system has a flaw in it where you cannot specify a shipping address different from your billing... The day I placed my order, they called me and said there was a problem with my credit card processing, so I figured that I put the number in wrong and just gave it to them again, telling them to let me know if it didn't go through, and I would figure out what the problem was at my bank... Nobody called me back, so I figured everything was fine... The next day, Stone & Zartan were sold out. I waited about a week (They're pretty flipping slow shipping wise) and checked the status on-line to see if they had sent them out yet. The status said "Order Cancelled". I e-mailed them and about three hours later, they sent me an e-mail and said that my order was cancelled. The next day, they e-mailed me again, and told me that the address I put in didn't match the address my bank had on file for the card... The lady that I called and talked to at Hasbro was apologetic, and said that she would reprocess my order for me and get everything taken care of... I never heard from them again.

Hasbro Toy Shop Fucking Blows!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I wasn't sure if this should go in a new thread...

What waves of the 8" figures are still availiable in stores? I really, REALLY want to buy at least one version of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, and I was wondering which were availiable, and which you would recommend. If I had my way I'd get both of the first wave ones, but with not being able to order from the internet, because of my parents, that isn't an option. :angry:

The newest Stormshadow (Which has the red pants) is actually an alright figure. He comes with a ton of weapons, and is the same body mold as the original (Which had white pants) but with the head from the Shirtless Stormshadow...

Snake-eyes is a little harder. The original is hands down the best representation... All in black (with a little dark grey), loaded with weapons, changeable visors... Just too cool of a figure. If you can't find one of those, I'd suggest the arctic version from the newest wave. He's a pretty cool figure, plus he comes with the awesome wolf.

Most places around here still have the original ninja figures hanging around. I think that they were heavier in the cases, and just never sold through... My Target had only those two figures right after Christmas.

Good luck.