UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Sigma 6

Anybody else out there getting these? I held out forever, then i found the SkyB.A.T. I giddily bought him, brought him home, and then pestered my wife telling her how incredibly cool these things were. That was about a month and a half ago. Since then, I've managed to bring home every single one of these guys. Including more of the incredible SkyB.A.T. (I had to give my wife the big sob story about how I always wanted more Stormtroopers when I was little, but my mom said that I already had one, and didn't need another...)

Anybody else collect them?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge fan of 3 3/4" toys. I have a huge cobra army still, but I just couldn't get into Sigma 6. I bought a few of the figures, but the only one that I really like is Cobra Commander. I thought the design on him was awesome. I just wish they would make one in the 3 3/4" scale. I remember seeing some amazing customs over on the TNI boards of some Sigma 6 figures. If the Hasbro would produce figures that were as great as those customs, I would definately become a collector.

There are some amazing customs out there. I've been stocking up parts for a Bazooka (My favorite of the 3 3/4" figures) and a Wet-Suit. I've also planned out a set of the Cobra Twins, and a Crimson Guardsman. I'd also like to do some Dreadknocks and a Scarlett (Doesn't look like they're going to make the females in this line). I've still got some Minis to do for some people, then I'm hoping to get started on some of these and take a break on the Minis for a bit...

There was this really well done custom set of the Twins on ebay not so long ago. There was also a Cobra Soldier that was on ebay. That thing was sweet! I wanted to bid on int, came close too, but the starting bid was at around $80 or something. I just couldn'et bring myself to do it. Its a shame about them not making any of the female characters. I would definately buy a Baroness done in Sigma 6.

Firefly is AWESOME! By far one of my favorites in the line. There are new pics of Destro out on the net now. He looks huge and cool-as-hell. Can't wait to get him, and the new Paratrooper Duke.

When I first saw these, I was only planning to buy the StormShadow (seems like all my toylines start off with "I'm only getting this ONE.") and I was hooked. I just bought the new Snake Eyes (I prefer the molded visor) and Firefly on Tuesday. Great looking figures. Can't wait to find Destro.

The new Super Soldier Duke looks awesome too. His gun looks bigger than Heavy Duty's. Hi Tech looks sweet as well.

I think I'm more anxious for the new wave of these than I am the new Minimates... It should only be another month or so, and we'll start finding the new figures... Hopefully.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I'm not a big "Action Figure" fan. I prefer smaller toys (Minimates, Kubricks, etc) and Building Toys (LEGO, Megabloks, etc).

When I was younger I did collect the 3 3/4 figures and I loved them. The highlight of my younger years was "The General", which for any that don't remember was this HUGE tank/base kind of thing. Man, I wish I still had that.

That being said, I really like the look of the Sigma line and I plan to pick up everyone of the 2.5 inch figures. Not only do the smaller figures look cool but the Vehicles look AMAZING. Plus, they will fit right in with my Minimates :). It's Win, Win. neo

As of now, I'm planning on sitting out on the 2.5" stuff. What drew me into the Sigma 6 stuff was the cool as hell 8" figures. They've got a ton more articulation that the 3.75" line that I loved as a kid, and they're just fun to play with. I don't think that the little guys have much, if any, articulation and while the vehicles are indeed awesome, I don't really need them for my Minimates.

If we had G.I. Joe Minimates, it would be a different matter. I just don't think Spidey needs a HISS Tank to drive around...

Thanks for the link antacost. It all looks pretty cool -- I'd be interested to see how well Minimates would work with these vehicles. And I think I might have to pick up one of those Devastators regardless...

No problem my'man. Honestly, I don't think that Minimates are gonna work too well with them. The 'Joes are pretty thin looking. I doubt that a clunk block figure will fit into the "cockpits" too well, but we'll see.

I'm sure that once I see some of these, I'll have to get them. Right now, though, I'm holding fast that I won't...

Man... Please see if you can get some pics of that new 8" Zartan...

I can't wait to see him.

Man... Please see if you can get some pics of that new 8" Zartan...

I can't wait to see him.

i second that! i think he could be my favorite of the bunch, i am really looking forward to destro too. i think i'd pick up a scarlett and baroness if they did them too