UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Sigma 6

It has begun!

http://www.joebattlelines.com/s6c/convention_06.htm

Zartan is everything I expected. So flippin' sweet looking. Some nice surprises in there as well.

The 'Joe forum I lurk at also posted that the new Quad with Duke showed up a TRU in Cali... Can't wait for some new stuff. Looks like it won't be too long now...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those pics are tight, Antacost! I am really starting to dig this line. I even pulled out my old 3 & 3/4" Joe figures to reminisce. I don't have Firefly like I thought I did though! Anybody have one for me? The one in the grey camo suit- he was my favorite!!! The Sigma 6 Firefly is pretty flippin' sweet too!

The S6 Firefly is one of my favorites. There's just so much attitude in the face sculpt, and his accessories (except for the spin-trap) are about the best of the line...

My absolute favorite though, is probably Jet Wing Duke... He's an awesome figure, and looks cool as hell with all of his gear... But I'm sure that will all change once I've got Zartan in my hands...

I love me some Dreadnoks!!!

And today, we've got a Shipwreck and the Cobra Firefly...

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=20...%2FDay_2_Hasbro

A couple of really nice surprises here. I'd heard nothing about this. Now with Shipwreck and Grand Slam, it looks like the Joe team will be expanding a bit. This is awesome. My only problem with this line is that the team was so small.

WOW! Shipwreck is awesome! The knife in the mouth is a little much though.

OK- I have seen one episode of Sigma 6 (Ninja Showdown that was packaged in with one of the figures), so bear with me...

How is there a GI Joe Firefly and now in these pictures there is a Cobra Firefly? Is he a double agent in the show or something? I just bought the Joe Firefly & didn't know why he wasn't the "Cobra Sabateur" in the grey camo uniform like the 3 & 3/4" figure. Those pics of the Cobra Firefly blow away this one that I've loved for about 24 hours now...

One last thing- I've bought 2 different Fireflys now & both of them have loose knee joints. The first one had 1 loose knee (+ 1 tight knee) and the second one had 2 loose knees. My other figures have supertight arm and leg joints and was wondering if anyone else's Firefly was like this...

My Firefly is a little loose, too. It might just be me, but it seems that the Commando Assortment figures are put together a little better than the Soldier Assortment (the carded $9.99 figures). The only exception is Tunnel Rat. He is a Soldier asst figure and he seems to be pretty nice. My Kamakura, Urban Assault Snake Eyes, Firefly, and shirtless Stormshadow all have minor issues from paint flaws to loose joints, to way oversized hands in the case of Stormshadow. The Commando figures all look great. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

As for Firefly, I too was confused when I first found him and saw that he was a Joe. Sneaky little bastard, huh?

The new figures look great. Zartan is definitely my favorite, but I'm really looking forward to that double-jointed Snake Eyes and Timber too.

Yep. The Soldier figures are supposed to be a cheaper plastic from what I've heard. Personally, I haven't noticed any major differences other than some sloppier paint apps.

Firefly is indeed supposed to be a traitor... I can't wait for the new series of 'toons to start. He's supposed to show up as a Joe there. Firefly wasn't on season 1.

I really like the Shipwreck. Hopefully we'll start to see some more of the classic characters show up. I can't wait for a Bazooka or an Alpine... Those would be awesome.

I posted some pics in the GI Joe con thread. They had the figures displayed in very bad light, so i did what I could. There is a Sigma 6 movie being made, too.

i really love the new stuff, and i like that Lt. Stone with all those nice accessories. zartan looks as good as i hoped he would, and shipwreck looks great with the new pet monkey(i like this idea,never too crazy about polly). the new commander without the battle damage chest crap, and battle helmet is cool. my favorite of the bunch has to be the new, bad, firefly, he looks the best in my opinion.

thanks for the picks and links guys

Well I just added Cobra Commander to my collection, so I'm up to four of 'em now. CC is awesome. I kinda dig the battle damaged chest piece, Nervous. Along with CC, I've got Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Firefly. Who should I get next? Heavy Duty? Spirit? Tunnel Rat? Duke? The Ninja B.A.T.s are gone from my area, so I will probably go after that one next. Surprisingly, there is rarely more than one page worth of Sigma 6 on eBay! Whatsupwitdat?

Hey HD, the Ninja bats aren't gone from here, you just aren't looking hard enough. ;)

I saw at least three of them at the Western Hills TRU yesterday. It is a sweet figure, but the action feature on one of the arms hinders the posability a bit.

After that one, it's hard to say who to get next. Tunnel Rat is really cool. Nice sculpt, neat accessories. Heavy Duty is cool and is freakin' huge. Spirit has a nice sculpt and a sweet axe. You really can't go wrong with whichever character you decide to buy next.

Heavy Duty is a sweet figure. Spirit's a good one too. Definately pick up the first Long Range. His sniper rifle is awesome.

I've gotta second the Tunnel Rat, though. He comes with a ton of stuff, and is just a cool figure in general. Another cheaper figure worth getting is the Kamakura. Ton of stuff with him as welll. I'm also a fan of Sea Ops Duke.

The Ninja Bats are kinda lame. The lack of a proper left elbow joint really hurt these guys. Unless they're holding their rifles, the left arm just flops there. The ones I've got are just standing behind Cobra Commander with their guns... Like they're his body guards. I use my regular BATS for the butt-kicking...

Well I ended up picking up the first Long Range and you were right, Antacost- his sniper rifle is too flippin' sweet! I chose Long Range as the next purchase because the original one has become somewhat scarce around here since the Desert Gear version hit the shelves...

I'm just killing time until Destro, Zartan, and Cobra Firefly come out. How much longer can it take???

Glad that you like the Long Range... He was technically my second figure. I got him and the first Duke at the same time, but opened LR first, because I was more jazzed about that rifle...

I finally got the Night Ranger Quad ATV with Duke figure yesterday at TRU... It's a pretty cool buy. For $20 you get the ATV which launches four missles, has a working suspension and tons of equipment & a Duke figure. It's been a lot of fun shooting at the cats...

I also picked up another Sky B.A.T. for the army... It was a good weekend.

Wow, army building on Sigma 6 toys? That can get expensive.

I saw the quad also, but didn't buy it yet. Looked pretty cool, though. You don't happen to have the ninja cycles, do you? They have been marked down at Target, but I'd like to know if they are any good before I spend any money on them.

Wow, army building on Sigma 6 toys? That can get expensive.

I saw the quad also, but didn't buy it yet. Looked pretty cool, though. You don't happen to have the ninja cycles, do you? They have been marked down at Target, but I'd like to know if they are any good before I spend any money on them.

I do have the Ninja Cycles. They're alright. A bit too large. Lots of weapons, and a neat play feature with the "hover" function. If you can get them for under $10, I'd say go for it. I'm hoping to pick up a couple more when they drop the price once again...

There are regular Cobra soldiers... The ones that I've seen on the show look like the Tele-Vipers (I think that's the one).... Dark Blue helmets with the half face shields... They seem to mostly be commanding the huge air ships the Cobra's using...

I'm not sure if there are legit Vipers or not... I haven't seen every episode of the cartoon, because I usually sleep on Saturday mornings... It does look like there's a bigger cast this season. I saw a crappy version of the first episode from Season 2, and there were a few of those Cobras on there.

Plus, we're getting the Lt. Stone figure that comes with a Cobra Soldier costume... I'd still like some helmeted Vipers, or some Crimson Guardsmen, but I'll settle for the one that we're getting. Hopefully they'll release the figure of them soon... I'd hate to have to army-build with a $15 Lt. Stone figure...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I spotted the 2.5 figures yesterday at Target. I didn't buy any. The main reason is with the addition of the baby I'm kinda strapped right now, but I do hope to pick up a few very soon. There were priced as follows:

Basic Figure Sets (Came with 4 Figs or 2 Figs and a Small Vehicle)

$7.99

Small Vehicle Sets (Jetski, Dune Buggy, Exo-Suit, etc)

$9.99

Medium Vehicle Sets (Jeep and Jet)

$16.99

Large Vehicle Set (Helicopter Thing)

??? - They had 6 of them, but no tag. I didn't take it to the scanner, sorry :).

From the looks of it, the vehicles are AWESOME. Too bad they didn't work with AA and let them make their Figures, because those little GiJoes leave much to be desired. That being said, the Jeep and Helicopter thing were wonderful and I'll buy them for my Nick Fury mate :D. neo