UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modern Cylon Hands

Frustration! Is it just mine, or are Modern Cylon hands/gauntlets/cannons extremely difficult to get off? I had one in the freezer for four days. Four. Days. Still cannot get them off. :( I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and had any ideas as to how to fix it.

I've tried twisting, pulling...just about everything that won't actually damage the Minimate (as far as I know). Thank you for any help you might be able to give.

Okay, there's a trick to this. Pop the arm off. Bend the elbow. Grip the arm so you're holding the upper arm and elbow for leverage. Grab the gauntlet with your other fingers. Twist and pull. Usually works every time. If you're still having issues, I suggest getting creative (IE: WD40, boil-n-pop, ect)

Frustration! Is it just mine, or are Modern Cylon hands/gauntlets/cannons extremely difficult to get off? I had one in the freezer for four days. Four. Days. Still cannot get them off. :( I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and had any ideas as to how to fix it.

I've tried twisting, pulling...just about everything that won't actually damage the Minimate (as far as I know). Thank you for any help you might be able to give.

I'm disappointed. Am I the only one that read this with a dirty mind? ;)

No... I laughed at the title, but refrained from masturbation jokes. ;) The only problems I ever had were the Cylon heads. Funny, the feet almost always kept falling off at random. :D

:lol: That double-meaning quality of my post hadn't even occurred to me. :( It usually doesn't.

Still no luck with this. Dinobot, with all due respect, I tried your method. Uh-uh. This puppy's not coming off that way.

And Rad, I too thought for quite a while that the heads were one piece. I popped mine in the freezer, however, and was able to simply hang him upside-down and lightly tap him with my fingernail to bring the now cold helmet right off.

Edited by Alpheon

:lol: That double-meaning quality of my post hadn't even occurred to me. :( It usually doesn't.

Still no luck with this. Dinobot, with all due respect, I tried your method. Uh-uh. This puppy's not coming off that way.

And Rad, I too thought for quite a while that the heads were one piece. I popped mine in the freezer, however, and was able to simply hang him upside-down and lightly tap him with my fingernail to bring the now cold helmet right off.

Okay, plan B. You're gona need a pair of plyers, a knife, and a blow torch. Think Punisher. XD

Okay, really, here's my second suggestion. Take the arm and boil it/burn it/bake it/whatever. Just get it really really hot. You might try using a blow dryer on the hottest setting. Then get 2 pair of plyers, one to hold the arm, and a pair of needlenose to shimmy down between the gauntlet and the arm. Try that. Your last remaining option that I can see would be to cut the gauntlet off. Find the most inconspicous spot and cut down the the arm.

Although, I don't see what the issue is with having one cylon with one stuck hand. I'm not sure I'd be willing to risk ruining my toys like that just over one little detain. But that's just me.

As Ms. Frizzle always used to say, "Seatbelts, everyone!"

Okay, plan B. You're gona need a pair of plyers, a knife, and a blow torch. Think Punisher. XD

Okay, really, here's my second suggestion. Take the arm and boil it/burn it/bake it/whatever. Just get it really really hot. You might try using a blow dryer on the hottest setting. Then get 2 pair of plyers, one to hold the arm, and a pair of needlenose to shimmy down between the gauntlet and the arm. Try that. Your last remaining option that I can see would be to cut the gauntlet off. Find the most inconspicous spot and cut down the the arm.

Although, I don't see what the issue is with having one cylon with one stuck hand. I'm not sure I'd be willing to risk ruining my toys like that just over one little detain. But that's just me.

Thanks. That's a good suggestion. I'll both of those.

And actually, it's not just one--it's all eleven of them. Not a single one will relinquish their prehensile parts. And one I was really set on using for an Iron Monger double, so that I can have Iron Monger out and Stane at the same time. A Cylon seemed like the logical choice...until I ran into this problem. :(

Edited by Alpheon

Thanks. That's a good suggestion. I'll both of those.

And actually, it's not just one--it's all eleven of them. Not a single one will relinquish their prehensile parts. And one I was really set on using for an Iron Monger double, so that I can have Iron Monger out and Stane at the same time. A Cylon seemed like the logical choice...until I ran into this problem. :(

Left or Right arm... I can send you one if like and that way you dont need to mutilate a poor cylon for the job!

T.

Left or Right arm... I can send you one if like and that way you dont need to mutilate a poor cylon for the job!

T.

Thanks, TBT!. Really. I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll decline--I bought these Cylons cheap ($3 for 5), so they're pretty much cannon fodder anyway, and this one I'm using is my misfit/spare Cannon Cylon, that I bought before getting the Suncoast exclusives. I look forward to mangling this Minimate a bit. :D