UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Red Sonja: the Movie

karamazov80

Whenever I hear 'Red Sonja' I am reminded of the sad ol' days of Marvel UK in the 1970's. One or two good things came out of this ,Captain Britain & .....er ....but on the whole we poor buggers here in England were given B & W reprints of US Marvels. If you can imagine how bad it was to see colourless reprints of 'American ' comics & then see the original US editions ....it made you sick. I however still managed to get the US versions as well. I had(& still have) a fair collection of Marvel comics & at the time many were published almost simultaneously ....UK ,B & W ......US ,Colour ....& I was buying both for multiple reasons ;)

One of those reasons was (we got there :yes: ) Red Sonja. I still have the first runs of 'Red' in it's US incarnation & when compared to the UK versions they have been 'doctored'. Doctored in terms of extra 'chain-mail' around her nether-regions & bodice areas. I guess we 'stiff' ( :wub: ) Brits were deemed too prude to see what you Yanks were gurning at in 'your' versions. Always made me laugh & still does.