Interwebz browser

TM2 Dinobot

Interwebz browser  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • other

So I saw on the news when Google launched Chrome that only something like 20% of people use Firefox. I find that very hard to believe. EVERYONE I know uses Firefox. take a look at any number of desktop shots, and they all have a Firefox logo on them. My school signed an exclusive contract to use IE, and I wormed my way into the system and downloaded Firefox for myself. i know several others have too at this point.

Now, i haven't used Chrome. i don't know anything about Chrome. I do use Gmail. I also like Thunderbird. It's been interesting watching Monzilla and Google toy with eachother.

In any case, what do you use?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

So I saw on the news when Google launched Chrome that only something like 20% of people use Firefox. I find that very hard to believe. EVERYONE I know uses Firefox. take a look at any number of desktop shots, and they all have a Firefox logo on them. My school signed an exclusive contract to use IE, and I wormed my way into the system and downloaded Firefox for myself. i know several others have too at this point.

Now, i haven't used Chrome. i don't know anything about Chrome. I do use Gmail. I also like Thunderbird. It's been interesting watching Monzilla and Google toy with eachother.

In any case, what do you use?

I just downloaded Firefox onto my school myself, which is where I am, actually. I use Firefox the majority of the time. I think most people just never bother to install anything else.

I tried Chrome here at work, but my computer is 4 years old, and it ran like crap. So I stick with Firefox here. At home my wife uses Firefox and I use Chrome, so we can both be logged into the same sites at the same time, like gmail. I think Chrome still has a few bugs to be worked out, and even on my fast computer at home it is slower than Firefox. But I still greatly prefer it to IE7.

There. All of the above. I think all the commonly used browsers have good points and bad points. I use a lot of apps that require uncommon plug-ins and sometimes IE works best, sometimes Firefox works best. It just depends.

Chrome will be much better in time.

I try very hard not to use a Mac, so the Mac based browsers are not on my radar usually. When I do have to use a Mac, I am typically employing a PC-emulator anyways...

I use Firefox, IE, Safari. Still waiting on Chrome to get the bugs worked out before trying.

I use Firefox unless I'm forced to use IE like in the corporate environment at work or a particular site.

Safari I use very rarely, only to access my mobileme account.