UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Graysons, wtf!!!!

winkerbean

Aw, that kinda stinks. I like Smallville and if this is the last season of the show I'm going to miss my superhero fix (not counting Heroes of course). I would prefer that they keeps shows like this going. There is so much to choose from. Here are a few ideas that I have:

DC:

Nightwing - Graysons, bad idea, Nightwing, good idea! The reason this won't work is because of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Until WB lets the character be used, the whole world is off limits (that includes a Gotham PD/CSI type show). Nightwing would make a great 2 hour Pilot where Batman and Robin split. The story can then follow Dick leaving the comforts of a Mansion and unlimited cash and starting a new life on his own. Knowning that being a hero is part of him, he takes on a new mantle as Nightwing and learns to sore solo. It could be a wonderful story with the occasionally Batman (and even new Robin) cameos.

Green Arrow - He's already been introduced in Smallville, and he's much cooler than Aquaman! This could be set in Star City. New cast, a brighter, lighter tone. This could be a great series. I would also add, a Green Lantern cameo is a MUST!

Green Lantern Corps - I would like to see a GLC series in the vein of the new Clone Wars animated series. There is just too much in GL to make it live action, but with the technology like it is today, an Animated take on the Green Lantern universe for an adult audience would be amazing. Also, you could bring in Hal, John, Kyle, and Guy plus the others and still make it work.

Marvel

X-Men - I wasn't sure I wanted it until I saw Heroes, now I have to have it! I think it could one of two ways. What I would prefer is a re-telling of the X-Men's beginnings in a more realistic world. The story would start with a Young, walking Prof. X and Magneto. It would have the Smallville "No Tights/No Flights" policy for the first season. The story would be about Erik and Charles recruiting (like Jean in X3). They are young and they are friends. They start with Jean, they Scott and you add Henry, Warren, and Bobby. You also add Blob, Sabertooth, and Mystique. The story is about Charles teaching them peace and Erik teaching them war. The bulk of the mutants story is going to high school and dealing with being different and keeping it to themselves. Obviously, they can fit in but their powers are a constant struggle. On the side of Erik and Charles, it's always a discussion about their future. Half way through the story we would meet Wanda and Pietro, maybe being part of "Weapon X" and used as weapons. That sends Erik over the top and he finally makes up his mind that the humans must pay. That would lead to a season finale confrontation between Charles and the X-men (Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Marvel Girl, and Angel) vs Erik and the Brotherhood (Blob, Mystique, Sabertooth, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch). From their, the sky is the limit!

Ghost Rider - The only hiccup here would be the SFX. If they can't get the skull to look right on a TV budget they shouldn't do it. Here I think it would be a brand new story with a new Rider (not blaze or ketch). I think they should explore the whole "Spirit of Vengence" angle. It should be, almost, like an Incredible Hulk syndrome. The rider has no control over the vengence. It would even be cool if the rider was a NYPD Cop. During the day he is tracking a killer who keep murdering "bad" people, but even though they are bad, murder is the not the answer. Turns out at night, he turns into Ghost Rider and he is the one taking out the vengence on those victims. So he is actually hunting himself and as the series progresses he finds out that it's actually him. In fact, it would be interesting for the audience not to know it for a while either. Let them believe that there is a Ghost Rider taking out vengence on Murders and Druggies and there is a Cop chasing him down. Let them invest themselves in that story and then, with the main character learn the truth. If it's written well, I think it would be a sweet series! You could even call the show "Vengence", as noone knows who Ghost Rider is, lol.

Just some ideas. As popular as the movies are, and Smallville, you'd think we could get some quality TV shows. neo

X-Men - I wasn't sure I wanted it until I saw Heroes, now I have to have it! I think it could one of two ways. What I would prefer is a re-telling of the X-Men's beginnings in a more realistic world. The story would start with a Young, walking Prof. X and Magneto. It would have the Smallville "No Tights/No Flights" policy for the first season. The story would be about Erik and Charles recruiting (like Jean in X3). They are young and they are friends. They start with Jean, they Scott and you add Henry, Warren, and Bobby. You also add Blob, Sabertooth, and Mystique. The story is about Charles teaching them peace and Erik teaching them war. The bulk of the mutants story is going to high school and dealing with being different and keeping it to themselves. Obviously, they can fit in but their powers are a constant struggle. On the side of Erik and Charles, it's always a discussion about their future. Half way through the story we would meet Wanda and Pietro, maybe being part of "Weapon X" and used as weapons. That sends Erik over the top and he finally makes up his mind that the humans must pay. That would lead to a season finale confrontation between Charles and the X-men (Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Marvel Girl, and Angel) vs Erik and the Brotherhood (Blob, Mystique, Sabertooth, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch). From their, the sky is the limit!

Two worsd can explain my idea for an X-Men show: First Class. Now wouldn't a show done in the vein of that series be so blasted amazing?

And there is one character who they need to have early in the show; someone who is contested and could go for good or evil. Someone who is on the edge, Magneto's plan sounds too brutal to him, but Xavier's sounds too ineffective. A renegade who could go for either side. And his name is ... Pyro. And yes, he chooses Magneto's side which shocks the X-Men.

Did you expect me to say Wolverine?

Ghost Rider - The only hiccup here would be the SFX. If they can't get the skull to look right on a TV budget they shouldn't do it. Here I think it would be a brand new story with a new Rider (not blaze or ketch). I think they should explore the whole "Spirit of Vengence" angle. It should be, almost, like an Incredible Hulk syndrome. The rider has no control over the vengence. It would even be cool if the rider was a NYPD Cop. During the day he is tracking a killer who keep murdering "bad" people, but even though they are bad, murder is the not the answer. Turns out at night, he turns into Ghost Rider and he is the one taking out the vengence on those victims. So he is actually hunting himself and as the series progresses he finds out that it's actually him. In fact, it would be interesting for the audience not to know it for a while either. Let them believe that there is a Ghost Rider taking out vengence on Murders and Druggies and there is a Cop chasing him down. Let them invest themselves in that story and then, with the main character learn the truth. If it's written well, I think it would be a sweet series! You could even call the show "Vengence", as noone knows who Ghost Rider is, lol.

Barring Ghost Rider's "success rate" crossing over into the mainstream (remember Wave 15?), this one at least sounds promising. A non-canon reimagining of Ghost Rider would (at least in theory) be a effective way to give the character new appeal. My only issue here would be that it might seem too The Crow-ish to carry out the good-guy-hunting-himself-down angle.