UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Figma figures!

TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I sold the Samus I originally paid too much for when they came up for pre-order at $50 from BBTS. That'll learn me to trust Diamond and BBTS. Captain Falcon. . .yeesh. I guess some folks know these characters primarily from Smash Bros., but F-Zero is a pretty crappy game, and you hardly saw the drivers at all in the game. I would be more interested in Starfox, though I doubt I would buy anyone that wasn't initially an NES icon--Solid Snake, please.

How long does SAL shipping usually take? I ordered Link and Terry from AmiAmi and got a shipping notice on the 13th of December, it said after 3 weeks I should contact “my country’s post master” if it hasn’t arrived yet...

I figure with the holidays or what not I should give it more time then exactly 3 weeks, but is 3 weeks as an average time and it might take a lot longer or should I actually call the US Post Master if Link doesn’t show up in the next week or so?

Yikes, i guess it pays to not be in the loop.

I keep getting restock notices from FigInStock but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. As cool as he may look i have never been much of a fan of the Zelda series.

Edited by Punisher

A good time frame for SAL is a month. It can arrive a lot faster (my record is 4 days) but I've had it take as long as 6 weeks before.

Speak of the devil, while I was at work today the mail man came by with Link and Terry (which he did not drop off, I’ve got to pick them up on Monday at the Post Office... still they’re in America now! WOOOO!)

This kid on Fwoosh just payed $114 for Link. Idiot.

Thanks again for the tip about Figsinstock... I got an e-mail just yesterday saying AmiAmi got MORE Links in, without your help I’d be one of those idiots paying $90+ right now for a figure still available at retail price.

Got Link and Terry yesterday.

Link is amazing, super glad I got him for $40, got him posed fighting Samus and they look incredible as a set. I’m probably going to pass on Pitt, he’s one of my mains in Smash Brothers but I don’t $40+ shipping from Japan like him... but if they decide to make Gannondorf and Zero Suit Samus I’ll pony up the cash.

I also got my male and female blanks in today, was surprised by that since I didn’t realize GSC had even charged me until I got my credit card bill last week. The male broke right out of the box, so I had to replace his elbow with an ankle and his ankles with some junker revol-tech balls (I got him for an artist blank so I don’t need him to be stock, I just need him to be posable)

• 1 month later...

If they do a MGS 1 or 2 Snake, I'll probably get it, though I'm not blown away by the figure there. Sculpt looks odd, I guess stylized to look like the booklet/promotional art. Proportions also look a bit funky, though that may be futzable. Since getting Link I really dig the Figmas. Might consider the Marvel characters.

• 1 month later...

Those aren't Figmas, but rather S.H. Figuarts. Looks neat.

I just bought a spare Lucky*Star Tsucasa if anyone is interested. I just needed her for the head.

Sailor Moon S figures. Not Figma, but not SHF either. Interesting.

http://sailormoonnews.com/2013/02/16/new-sailor-moon-s-figures-for-sale-in-may-2013/

One too many scouts though. tongue.png

new_sailor_moon_figures_from_acg_comic_e

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• 1 month later...

I dont normally collect anime merchandise but I will be going out of my way to pick up the original 5 Sailor Scouts and I'm most looking foreward to Sailor Venus. I dont mind paying the price they will cost because Ive been waiting for a Sailor Moon ACTION FIGURE (not Doll)line for a very long time.

Don't know if folks caught this, but supposedly Diamond (?) fixed the problems leading to the cancellation of Link and Samus's re-release, and these are now planned to be released in the U.S. We'll see. . .be nice if they did that for the awesome Golgo 13.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Uuuuuuuuggggghhhhhh I want Sailor Venus so bad! Mercury looks fantastic, I really like the angry faces together.....cant wait to have a bunch of pissed off Sailor Scouts righting the wrongs of my toy shelf.

I want Sailor Venus so bad!

Seconded, I’m only gonna buy one of these and it’s gonna be Venus.

Is Tenchi Muyo still a thing in Japan?

I have a Lum figma, a Lupin Revoltech, a Terry Bogard D-Art, and I’ll buy the Venus Figuart... I just need a Ryoko figure to have a character from every anime that meant something to me growing up on my shelf but of course I don’t think seen a Tenchi product since like 1997 so I doubt it’s ever going to happen... (and I know I could buy the MacFarlane Ryoko, but I’d rather have nothing then have to settle.)