UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AA Forums Back

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping for some real answers.

No offense intended, but I can't help but laugh at comments like that. No company rep on earth would likely to be as honest as your dreaming of, not unless they sought a way to get fired -_-

I think you missed my point here.

^^^ Sorry to dissapoint you MM but "Asylum Dude" Is non-other than Brandon (AAtrekcollector) from the old forums... and if past experience is anything to go by... I wouldn't get your hopes up for the world to change immediately.

Also I agree that Q&A's with AA & DST are likely to be light & fluffy affairs by nature. There are magazines and websites that pay good money for exclusive news so they aren't going to dish it out wilynilly on sites like this or AA.

Try to look at them as a way of getting some interaction with the AA/DST guys and that it helps you to understand out how they think a litttle better.

T.

I never believed there'd be any definite answers about any line-ups of characters.

But finding out if Marvel plans on doing anything after 12/13, finding out what they think of the amazing DC stuff, or finding out if they continue to drive the line into the ground with the same characters... these are things I'd really like to know. And it's something I think loyal customers have the right to know.

That may just be me... but I don't like being left in the dark with promises of "Big stuff coming soon"

and no delivery on it.

-Matt

Well, here's wishing them the best of luck. Certainly feels like a corporate vehicle now, if only AA would actually get involved with it.

I might cruise by for news... if the new site can get breaking news out of AA. But my registered membership stays right here!

The site makes my head hurt. I doubt I will register. I'll probably not even head over there unless someone here posts that there's something worth checking out on it.

Ady you rock, this site rocks, and everyone i want to chat with is right here!

UGGGHHH!!! The new forum hurts my eyes. I think I'll stay right here. The gray background is more pleasing. Besides all of YOUS is here. :D Maybe AA will still answer Q's for us here. I'm just lazy and don't want to resign up there. :D:D Webhead your signature is VERY distracting(I like it )

UGGGHHH!!! The new forum hurts my eyes. I think I'll stay right here. The gray background is more pleasing. Besides all of YOUS is here. :D Maybe AA will still answer Q's for us here. I'm just lazy and don't want to resign up there. :D:D Webhead your signature is VERY distracting(I like it )

Its still in the works to have Ask DST and Ask AA on here, heck we've got a bunch of rabid minimates fans they'd be mad not.

They're just crazy busy with SDCC and WWC at present.

I like it here. Why would I post anywhere else?

I agree. The only reason I would check out the AA boards now is for news and the Q&As, but with the prospect of getting the same thing here so high it's not looking like I'll really even cruise through over there.

I think you missed my point here.

Nope, got it.

The questions you are suggesting will never receive clear answers you desire, especially by suggesting they engage in negative behavior such (which admittedly I agree with you on). It's like asking someone why they suck and expecting that they will calmly explain why they suck, instead of them trying to throw off the question or ignore it. ie:

"We can't really comment directly on competing lines, but we are watching them with interest."

"While we do try to listen to the vocal minority, we are producing the line for the silent majority, thus variations of popular characters with continue to appear."

"Please understand that we can't disclose future plans, but we are constantly in discussion with Marvel on the topic of Minimates."

"Ultimately the continuing sales of Marvel Minimates will decide if future waves are produced."

"We are listening to fans, and we are producing the best quality line that market interesting and funding allow."

etc etc etc

Like Ady and some others, I've joined, but I'm not seeing alot of activity there to be honest. Seems to me that everyone knows where to get their information first when it comes to "accuracy" ;) As far as the Trekkies/Trekkers, even they don't seem to be any more excited than the Minimate fans. Something to keep in mind though, not all of them are bad people. If you don't like them or the forum for that matter, just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist :) I will tell you that if it wasn't for Trek(Dark Angel), I wouldn't be a Minimaniac myself :D

Or perhaps there Trek senses were tingling... granted I am a Trek fan, but the minimates has taken a hold of me :P I do find the Trek section of AA tedious and very boring, as they ask stupid questions, or ask when such is such is coming out, or what they expect of it.

Just annoys me, yeah I love Trek... but I'm not at that stage :P

cheers,

Totalus

P.S I have broadened my horizons and I am a normal human being, but am I crazy for wanting to get married in a Starfleet Uniform? :P

Well ite definately seems quiet on the Minimate front over there.

Can tbelieve how many trk fans have reappeared so quickly

Growing like a bad fungus. :P

I never read the Trek sections so I wasn't bothered. But I know we buried their customs in the customs area - much to their irritation. I don't have any interest in the AA forum. But when the 2" Star Trek Minimates are released, I'm going to post frequently in the Trek section of the AA forum. Just to tease them.

I'm amazed it has reappeared!!!

There are quite a few people signed up already and a whole slew of Trek topics ~ so whatever anyone thinks about the Trekkers, they're certainly lively in the way they partcipate! :P

The trouble is, I've already had most of these discussions with the usual suspects over on other sites, and I can't see the point in replicating my comments on AA's new site as well, so I haven't bothered to register ~ especially as it is hardly the all~sing~all~dancing, fabbo wondersite that we were allegedly going to get. For a start it looks pretty dull, and it's pretty much the same old format as before. I prefer the design of this place and FHC's site for Trek toys.

• 2 weeks later...

Awww... That means we have to go back there... :(

Well I cant see me making the big leap back to AA forums and posting regularly, I dont have time to be in two places and post... Sure I cruise by once every few days to see if there is anything of interest or news we dont have here and it actually seems we have a better 'network' for finding out info here than there.

Ady built this place after the old board "collapsed" out of a passion for minimates and to give us all somewhere to hangout, it just feels a lot more solid and 'real' here right now, to be honest I would feel uncomfortable jumping back to AA just on the promise of a 'few prizes for regular posters'.

It's obvious that most of the minimate fanbase is happy here but for whatever reason it appears AA want everyone to move back there and are offering 'regular updates and prizes' as incentives, things they've promised before with every itteration of their board, but they never quite seem to appear. Oddly the biggest 'fan thing' that they did was in unison with a member who pretty much drove the whole project.

Like all of you I love minimates and will continue to buy and customise them, however it does feel like instead of working with us as discussed with both AA&DST at SDCC they are becoming self absorbed over the new forum.

It does make me wonder where the priorities are if fans that have been keeping the flame alive whilst we've had a very cold year without minimates are being left on the outside for the sake of the new shiny board.

T.

Well said.

What upsets me the most is it almost feels like we are in competition with the official forum. Why any company would want to bury a fan site is beyond me.

As you may recall we were going to have both an ask AA and an ask DST, upon the return of the AA board itts all now mysteriously quiet on that front.

As for prizes for regular posters, its possibly worth remembering that the Bombmates were driven by a member, the MOTM mates took 6 months to make it to people and Im still waiting on my *pay* 9 months after been told what I was getting as a thank you. (Where as we have had several successful give aways)

That and most of us have been here before "Regular Updates blah blah" which soon fizzle out into nothing, I'd love to be wrong on this one though.

I used to love AA, as a company not just a purveyor of minimates. I bought their Trek stuff, Jump Tribe, Tony Hawk, Dark Angel, Asylum Ultimates - heck I bought everything they did. I scoured the net looking for news as they never provided any and I kepy an almost constant eye on the board, as did Gardi, PL, Donster and Lurch, all of whom were dismissed without even a thank you. I stuck around for the community whence they pulled it with no notice I stuck this place up to stay in touch with all the Minimate fans and now its really pissing me off that AA (or at least certain people) seem to want to fight a fan site for members.