UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best Place To Preorder Mates

I see that I can get Marvel series 23 and 24 for around 26 bucks a piece on both Action Figure Express and Big Bad Toy Store. It says that Big Bad won't charge your credit card 'til they got the figures in stock, but I've never done business with them before. So who can you all recommend?

Typically, I would recommend BBTS. I have bought from them a few times. Pros are:

-that they don't charge you until stuff gets in stock and you can cancel stuff whenever you please before then with no penalties

-you can cancel orders they have actually charged you for, and keep all that cash as store credit (no penalties unless you want your money back in your bank/credit account)

-shipping is not as high as AFX

-you can use their "pile of loot," which is a pretty great way to save on shipping costs

As far as cons, the only major issue I can say is that I know a fellow board member here recently had some issues with them packaging Minimates more than a bit carelessly. I don't know how his interaction with customer service went, but they apparently agreed to re-send the Minimates that arrived all messed up. So, maybe this isn't a complete negative. Certainly, BBTS uses higher quality boxes than AFX, if that means anything to you (I believe that AFX uses the crappiest shipping boxes I've seen. . .seriously).

Edited by karamazov80

My last couple of orders have been through BBTS. Their prices are usually right on with other online stores and their shipping is always less not to mention the ability to easily cancel pre-orders with no penalties. I would have to say they are in my top 3 places to order things online. My friend also recently sold a large collection of Transformers Alternators to them and had a really great experience customer service wise dealing with them for a selling transaction.

Sounds like this is the place for me to go, then.

I just preordered series 23 and 24 and a set of the original Avengers.

Shipping being lower is nice, as I've always felt AFX was sticking me with those charges.

And that they won't charge my credit card until they're in stock is the best yet.

Thanks for all the kind recommendations.

Edited by Mystery Man