UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ultimate Avengers 2 minimate????????

rx78jj

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my TRU didn't have any in stock, I only got the K-Mart version today, but here's what Hulk boils down to:

New Hulk on left, old Hulk on right

hulk1.jpg

hulk2.jpg

He looks to be of the same mold and paint detail as the original. Only differences I could spot are a lighter color green in the detailing on his chest and face, different shade of green in his hair, and a different copyright year on his legs. Also, it looks like the white tatters on the back of his pants are slightly different, but this could just as easily be a factory mistake/variation. Not sure if any of that warrants a "variant" status in the official list.

Thing I don't get is why these guys didn't at least get C3 feet. I know they used the same molds as before, but there was no special paint applications on the feet that required the original foot mold. Of course, we haven't seen any of the new features from the Indymates incorporated into any other licenses yet, so it could very well have to do with how the figures are produced. Maybe the figure is constructed, then painted, rather than vice versa. Who knows.

I think I will most likely pick up a Hulk, since I have several duplicates of Iron Man and have somewhat easy access to finding new Captain Americas, but I can only find Hulk once in a while (I don't care enough about the change of painting details to allow myself to collect them as variants)... but I may change my mind once I see Cap's face.

Question to collectors: if you get only one, which one do you get? I'm leaning towards Iron Man but I'd like to see a pic of Cap's new face.

I was in TRU at lunchtime and they only had 2 IM sets on the shelf...

So I'm holding out for a Cap...

T.

If I could buy these 3 individually, I'd pick em all up. Since they're packaged with the Avengers II dvd, I'll pass. (The first one wasn't good enough to get me to watch - much less pay for - a 2nd one.)

Still, it is a good idea to get new people involved. Is there any 'mate related promo material included inside the DVD case? Like a mini poster or something of that sort? (Again, that'd be a good idea to get people interested....)

I've bought all of them.(Had to :P and actually got a pity discount from some girls at TRU :rolleyes: ) Still have them sealed. IM is IM from what I can see. Cap definitely has a different expression. I love Cap and would get him because he is one of my favs, but I've to go with my man :hulk: . I'm going to have to say the paint tones on him give him a little refreshed look even so slighty and I love it. He seems more meaner and face looks wider. If you notice by the slightest of margins, his eyes are farther apart and the eyebrow color makes his eyes appear smaller and more intensified.

BTW, yes I can see microscopic. :P

I've bought all of them.(Had to :P and actually got a pity discount from some girls at TRU :rolleyes: ) Still have them sealed. IM is IM from what I can see. Cap definitely has a different expression. I love Cap and would get him because he is one of my favs, but I've to go with my man :hulk: . I'm going to have to say the paint tones on him give him a little refreshed look even so slighty and I love it. He seems more meaner and face looks wider. If you notice by the slightest of margins, his eyes are farther apart and the eyebrow color makes his eyes appear smaller and more intensified.

BTW, yes I can see microscopic. :P

A pity discount.... you're the new TBT...

Hmmm I might just get Cap then if the other two are pretty much the same, ah who am I kidding, soon as I have the cash I'll get all 3

Cheers for the new pics

Hmmm cant quite decide if I want these or not.

Never been this uncertain over buying mates ever...

$35 is a lot of coin to drop for 3 mates that arent really that different... especially if the Movie is about as sucky as the first one..

Wheres my decision making magic 8-ball when I need it.

Thanks for the pics, JP! I like the original Cap's face better, the new one gives him too much of a chin (although that might be specific tampo placement for a batch). Nice that they slapped those stickers right on the front almost obscuring the minimate. That'll look great displayed. <_<