UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Hunt 2008 banter thread.

TBT!

Nice! You picked 5 of my photos, that's awesome! I am flattered and very much appreciate the compliment :biggrin:

BS

Hey, you made some really cool pics there. After reading your post, I just wondered how my personal ranking would look like, so I counted the pics I used from erverybody. Just for fun.

Max Carnage: 6

Blacksun and Ivan: 5

VBPanizzi and ResurrectionBob: 3

MiniEspo: 2

NightViper, Godmagnus, Skullbuster and Jcastick: 1

So max is my hero! :thumbsup:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! You picked 5 of my photos, that's awesome! I am flattered and very much appreciate the compliment :biggrin:

BS

Hey, you made some really cool pics there. After reading your post, I just wondered how my personal ranking would look like, so I counted the pics I used from erverybody. Just for fun.

Max Carnage: 6

Blacksun and Ivan: 5

VBPanizzi and ResurrectionBob: 3

MiniEspo: 2

NightViper, Godmagnus, Skullbuster and Jcastick: 1

So max is my hero! :thumbsup:

woot woot! :thumbsup:

I also tried to comment on every pic I've chosen. :biggrin:

The black and white one where you asked who it was all the way to the left is U.S. Agent without his mask on!

http://s365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/Bo...?albumview=grid

I'm bored at work and figured I'd solve the mystery for you! :thumbsup:

Edited by Fo Shizzle

You're welcome, jcastick!

let's keep that game alive:

now here's the next mystery to solve...

which phrase or quote is recreated here by Ivan?

B25-Quote.jpg

He gave some hints I guess, but I don't get it yet. I noticed the missing right hand which refers to two famose one-handed heroes, but...

:starwars:

Edited by Bob Harris

I hope you guys can figure it out because I sure as hell don't remember. :) That particular photo shoot had gone into the wee hours of the morning. I saw the Muppet Labs playset and a Skeleflex figure sitting there and thought, "Ah that's perfect!", took the shot, and crossed it off the list. It wasn't until I started organizing and resizing that I had the WTF moment. By then it was too late to reshoot the challenge and I submitted it, hoping the judges would figure it out. :)

I don't think the missing hand has anything to do with it. But then again, I don't remember much from that night.

Some possibilities?

"The skulls of our ancestors shall devour the science of today."

"She blinded me with science!"

"Soybeans are my enemies."

"It's time for your for your manicure, Señor Hidalgo."

"Kerplunk, kerplunk, whoops, where's my thribble?"

"Erlenmeyer, erlenmeyer, my kingdom for an erlenmeyer."

"Funny. I always thought radioactive balls would be a bad thing."

I browsed all pics and made up a personal best-of, which you - if you like to - can view here. There are some awesome pics and I tried to come up with my personal favorite for each challenge. I also tried to comment on every pic I've chosen. Certainly I did not add any of my own pics in this hall of fame thing, so you're free to say, "Bob, your image for challenge #XY should definitely be added to this selection of pure awesomeness"!

:biggrin:

Thanks for including my foodmate in your best-of. It's cheese, by the way. It took me about an hour to sculpt and about another half-hour to get it to stand long enough to get the picture.

I think I might put together my own best-of.

Out of curiosity, did we ever find out what the "hidden challenges" were and if anybody got any of them?

Magnus, I'd appreciate to see your best-of! And talking about the hidden challenges, I was wondering about the same thing. I guess one was mastered:

p.s. The most used minimatemultiverse name was 'murder of crows' who will be getting a 'random blank' as a bonus prize!

And concerning the Ivan pic:

I hope you guys can figure it out because I sure as hell don't remember. :)
:ohmy: Whaaaa! Come on, man! I really hoped you could solve that puzzle! You were talking about a Darth Vader quote somewhere up here, maybe this will bring up the total recall:

And as for the photo, it will likely remind you of a Darth Vader quote. You'll have to wait for the picture to be revealed (*ahem*) to find out which one.

It's the Multiverse un-ending Megaparty!!

YEEEHAAWWWW!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Nice one!

So, let's do another one, since I have too much time on my free hands: Here are the famose sayings and quotes and stuff. (It might be that I'm not showing all, because some of the not named pics were really hard to identify. For me. Not for the judges!)

Go ahead, pick one and guess what it recreates! (Click to enlarge.)

1. 01.jpg 2. 02.jpg 3. 03.jpg

4. 04.jpg 5. 05.jpg

6. 06.jpg 7. 07.jpg 8. 08.jpg

9. 09.jpg 10. 10.jpg

OK, I start and take my first guess for #1: "Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing" (I hope, that's the way you say it in english...),

You're welcome, jcastick!

let's keep that game alive:

now here's the next mystery to solve...

which phrase or quote is recreated here by Ivan?

B25-Quote.jpg

He gave some hints I guess, but I don't get it yet. I noticed the missing right hand which refers to two famose one-handed heroes, but...

:starwars:

Just wondering, but isn't that head from a megabloks thing? I was on the brink of getting one because they look damn interesting, but they had a Hasbro Heroes Deadpool and Punisher so I had to grab that instead. D:

Since my pictures weren't uploaded, I feel the need to post this.

29dbd07.jpg

So, anybody have their prizes yet??

I'll answer this one by "are we there yet" boy...

Yes the post office!

Most people should have their stuff by the end of the week/early next week.

T.

p.s. IF they sent their addresses (correctly) ;)