UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spoilers. I Want To Believe

Trekker 42

Today, I saw the X-Files: I Want to Believe. I wanted to believe in a great rebirth of a great series. Unfortunately, my belief was unfounded. The plot was disappointing and WAY to realistic for the X-Files. When I went to the theater with my free ticket in my hand (bought the Mythology sets. They had free tickets at Best Buy. Now I have an extra ticket and no desire to see it again. Crap.) I was expecting a great Sci-Fi action intreague story. Instead I got a more medical story, a psychic priest, something about stem cells and a Russian Frankenstein as the villain. No. There is no monster. The whole story was that some guy was dying of cancer and this Russian doctor is building him a new body with some girls who are the only ones with his blood type in the area.

Now that's a bad premise if I've ever seen one.

But for all of its faults, it was fun to see Mulder and Scully back on screen together. Some things never change and Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are two of them. The characters of Mulder and Scully blend seamlessly and bring fun to the movie and rise it above terrible. If it wasn't for Mulder and Scully and if this wasn't an X-Files film, it honestly would have been much worse. The premise was really really bad, but the characters made up for it.

If you like the X-Files, you will like this film. If you don't like the X-Files, go to see the Dark Knight again.

I give it a 6/10

And as for creating another movie revolving around finishing up the mythology and doing the 2012 invasion, well, I want to believe it will happen. But I'm not sure. It would be great to bring some closure though.

I saw the X-Files movie in San Diego & I was very disappointed. OK if it was an episode from the 'Series' it would have shined (shone?)but as a movie....ordinary.

I have always been an X-Files nut but after all the expectation this was underwhelming although worth watching. Billy Connolly should stick to being a poor comedian who swears a lot.