UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

watchmen song

it tells the story of the watchmen...any one else notice that?

''is it bright wear you are?'' the comedian dying and either going to heaven or hell.

''the pictures that have come to pass." the original silk sspectre and night owl.

''now i stand alone." rorschach solving the mystery of the comedians death solo.

"the world is lost and blown" no hope.

"now the people change"the protests against the vigilantes.

''does it make you happy'' the smiley face.

''Your so strange" silk spectre telling that to dr manhattan.

''in your darkest hour" midnight on the doomsday clock.

''we can watch the world devoured in its pain" ozymandias' plan.

any more? :ninja:

What's even weirder, this song came out on the soundtrack for (are you sitting down?).... Batman and Robin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_Is_th...ning_Is_the_End

But yeah, the lyrics definitely do match up to Watchmen. From now on, I'll think of it as 'the great song from the superb Watchmen trailer' and not 'the great song from the worst comic book movie ever'!

• 1 month later...

If I'm right, the song in the worst-ever-batman-movie is a different one. There the songe "The End is the Beginning is the End" was used, and for the - fantastic!!! - Watchmen trailer, a diffrent version of the song, with some different lyrics and darker mood, called "The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning" - Mr. Corgan is so tricky! - is used.

And even that song is cut-and-pasted to fit the scenes shown in the trailer even better.

Like, here are the original lyrics, and what you hear is:

Send a heartbeat to

The void that cries through you (Archie finally rises from the sewer)

The pale princess (Silk Spectre appears) of a palace cracked (Nite Owl in the prison fight - Blake falls through the window)

And now the kingdom comes (Ozymandias in front of his videowall)

The world is lost and blown (Rorschach)

And we are flesh and blood (Silk Spectre) disintegrate (triple Manhatten)

And in your darkest hour (Comedians funeral)

I hold secrets flame (Comedian with a flamethrower)

We can watch the world devoured in its pain (the street riot)

This is so awesome!

If I'm right, the song in the worst-ever-batman-movie is a different one. There the songe "The End is the Beginning is the End" was used, and for the - fantastic!!! - Watchmen trailer, a diffrent version of the song, with some different lyrics and darker mood, called "The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning" - Mr. Corgan is so tricky! - is used.

Both versions were on the Batman & Robin soundtrack -- one at the beginning and one at the end. Don't know if they used both in the actual movie, since I've never managed to sit through the whole thing.