UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mega Man 9!

Deadpool

http://kotaku.com/5019986/old-school-mega-...ming-to-wiiware

Needless to say, as a Wii owner and Mega Man fan, I'm pretty stoked. Its basically a new NES game, for the love of God! Thats simply amazing! I'm really shocked, but really glad they ended up going 8-bit for the graphics! That is sweet beyond belief. As of right now its unknown if it'll be for PS3 or 360, but God knows Nintendo needed some third party support, and I'll be damned if Mega Man 9 isn't one heck of a support.

I hope that it only costs 5 bucks. If so, I'll definitely buy it. I love Megaman 1-3.

I'm sure it'll be more than five! It's a complete game, after all. You wouldn't pay 10 or 15?

Wow. Just about peed myself with laughter over "Concrete Man." But, still, I'm impressed with their ambition. I really, really wish they'd gone with the Megaman 8 look, though, but I'm sure others will want to crucify me over that statement. :)

Strangely enough, I felt the same way, Deadpool, when I heard the announcement about Chex Quest 3. Long live the classics! :D

Edited by Alpheon

I'm sure it'll be more than five! It's a complete game, after all. You wouldn't pay 10 or 15?

Eh, I don't know. Maybe. I paid 15 bucks at the Gamestop for Megaman anthology, and the other VC NES games are 5 dollars. 15 bucks for just one NES game would seem kind of high at this point.

Eh, I don't know. Maybe. I paid 15 bucks at the Gamestop for Megaman anthology, and the other VC NES games are 5 dollars. 15 bucks for just one NES game would seem kind of high at this point.

But its not just an NES game! Its Mega Man 9! :P

• 1 month later...

But its not just an NES game! Its Mega Man 9! :P

More Info Theres some more info about it. It's also gonna be for PS3 And the 360.

Dig the box art. Very reminiscent for the box for Mega Man 1, which I had and loved as a child (tough, tough, tough game, though. . .as many of the better NES games tended to be).

--edit: seems to be quite the direct inspiration: ugly art, human face, holding a gun in his hand (?) and everything--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_%28video_game%29

Edited by karamazov80