UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG DVD..

Man, I've been wondering about this one myself.

The wife and I devoured the first two boxsets the week before the second part of season two started showing. The one thing I hated about it was the horrible quality of my cable feed. Same thing with Lost. I can't wait for the DVD collections to come out so that I can watch the shows and not be distracted by the snow.

I guess that they're going to make us wait a little bit longer for the second part of season two. Three doesn't start up for another five months, so I'm guessing it'll be a couple weeks before then, which sucks. I loved that they put out the first part of Season two by itself. I hate having to wait a year before the DVD's come out. Six months wouldn't be too bad... but that would put it out in June (Which it is) and there isn't any kind of news about the release yet.

I am waiting for this also. I hope it won't be another five months. I don't have cable, so I have onle seen what the DVDs and need to see what has happend.... In these days of instant gratifacation, these cliffhangers are killing me.

Battlestar Galactica 2.5 is due out in North America on September 19th and will include an extended version of the episode "Pegasus", as well as 10 hours of bonus features...

I'm in the middle of rewatching the series right now, but I'm going to stop just before I reach "Pegasus" then wait for the DVDs. A long, long way, I'm sad to say.

But at least I don't have to travel 600 miles to get 2.5 like I did for 2.0. They delayed it like 4 months here in Canada. Of course, while I was down in the States I found my Black Elektra, so...

Man, doesn't Amazon US ship to Canada? I've ordered alot of stuff from Amazon Canada, and have had no problem getting it? Is there a weird non-import thing up there?

The Canadian SPACE chanel lobbied the Battlestar producers to hold off on the Canadian release of 2.0 until after they could finish airing the second season, to protect their ratings. So, while the US got 2.0 on December 20th 2005, Canadians could not buy it in the stores until April 2006.

Sure, I could have bought it on Amazon and had it shipped here, but it would have cost 25 dollars more (I researched it), and I would have had it two weeks later. So, instead I drove down to Bangor on December 19th and bought myself one at Target. Turned out to be a pretty fun trip, and I found a few good minimates along the way...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, because I'm seriously impatient I 'found' (I belive we follow a Dont ask, dont tell policy here) the last episodes of series 2....

I know I'm a late comer to that party but OMFG!!!!!! I didn't see that coming!!!

I'm not going to say anymore because if you havent seen the second half of the series I dont want to spoil it.

T.

Yeah... It was cool. I remember there was a big debate about it on the old AA board about how it was totally out of character for everybody and was just a horrible ender, but I don't know what they're talking about. I thought it was perfect! After a bit, everyone will change due to the circumstances...

I can't wait for the DVD so I can watch it in its true glory, but I'm really excited for the new season... There's alot that they can fill us in on later...

• 2 months later...

Can't say I'm thrilled with Universal breaking these seasons up. I have yet to buy the first half of season two because my wallet's not a big fan of rape. <_<

Any word of them packaging these two halves together the way God intended? You know, at a REASONABLE price?