UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spectacular Spider-Man

So I have recently become hooked on the Spectacular Spider-Man show. I love it. It so nostalgic and totally what Spidey should be. I'm a bit surprised they aren't pulling any punches from season 1. I'd hoped they stretch out a bit more into story arcs. But that's no big deal.

I was really excited for the toys till I found out how few POA they have. I still might grab a maskl-ess Spidey to use as an Ult Spidey, but I'm not sure. I hate that Venom only has 6 POA, he looks awesome. But the #1 toy I will crap my pants over if/when they give it to us is Black Cat. I MUST have her.

Speaking of which, I didn't get to see today's episode with her in in, and it's not on youtube. Someone, anyone? HELP!

I saw the first episode and was underwhelmed, but I did like the character designs somewhat, and was looking forward to getting some cool, iconic-looking Spidey toys. However, I agree with you, those toys really suck in person. They are actually on sale at my Wal-Mart for 6 dollars or so, have been for weeks, and nobody's touching them.

If I want Spiderman cartoons, I watch the 1967 series, or "Spiderman and His Amazing Friends"--both are up there with Hulk, the Superfriends, GI Joe and Transformers as some of my favorite cartoons when I was a little kid. Further, the Iceman/Firestar 2-pack was one of the first that I bought from the comic shop, and the connection with that show is largely what drove me to buy them at the time.

--edit: by the way, just found out about this:

http://www.spider-friends.com/liberationen...ainmentDVD.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spider-Man-His-Ama...016&sr=8-16

You UKers out there are finally getting something awesome that we in the U.S. will not :( . . .at least for the time being--

Edited by karamazov80

I really dig this new show, was worried it would be too geared towards kids. In my opinion the best spider-man series was the Fox series from the 90s. That storyline was excellent and they kept true to the comics more or less. Now this new show beats the animation hands down, but for a great story nothing beats the 90s Spider-man.

yeah I missed the first episode, but started at the second and loved it ever since. I've even gone out and bought the black spiderman wall hanger from the show. its actually a pretty decent toy, but thats being compaired to the very crappy spiderman movie figures, which i just hate with a passion.. Still nothing beats my minimates.

Been hearing good things about this cartoon. Mostly that even though some of the villains and characters may not be 100% comic accurate looking the characterization is excellent.

What I mean by that is things like Spidey himself is extremely witty fast agile everything you want.

I'll just have to wait to see if one of the UK cartoon networks picks this up

With a few liberties here and there, it's basically the Spider-Man stories I grew up with in the comics. Like most, I was all set to dislike this show from the get go. But to my surprise I really like it and the direction of the stories. I will agree, with the exception of Sandman and Black Spidey, these figures leave alot to be desired. That being said, I think this is a kid line more than a collectors.

Any pictures of the figures?