UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Next Avengers and new X-men cartoon series

Just come across these so thought I would share.

Marvel has trailers up showing a new X-men cartoon series and below that a Next Avengers trailer which is going to be the next in line for the marvel animated film release.

http://www.marvel.com/movietrailer/

Here is some more for the Next Avengers a behind the scenes thing with writers, animators etc

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_xevid...ail&id=1189

Okay, that Xmen... that's a winner right there.

It probably isn't, but I hope that it's a continuation of Evo. I, for one, liked that show. And the animation styles seem the same. The younger characters are older, so it's a possibility.

Either way, yeah, I'll for sure be watching.

While I'm happy that they are making new marvel cartoons I want the ones the came out in the 1990's like:

X-Men

Spider Man

Iron Man

The Avengers

The Hulk

and from the early 1980's the spiderman tv cartoon with ice man and fire star.

Because I bought the Fantastic Four cartoon that was released the same year the first fantastic four movie came out. It was only 20 dollars.

I know if they but the spiderman show on dvd they would sell so fast also the Xmen would go just as fast if not faster. The other three would go a little slower but still would sell.

I'm looking forward to the new X-men toon, but does it really need to be called Wolverine and the X-men? I saw a ton of mutants in the preview, so it had me excited.

I'd also love to see the 90's Marvel toons released on dvd. My bootleg X-men set just doesn't satisfy me.

While I'm happy that they are making new marvel cartoons I want the ones the came out in the 1990's like:

X-Men

Spider Man

Iron Man

The Avengers

The Hulk

and from the early 1980's the spiderman tv cartoon with ice man and fire star.

Because I bought the Fantastic Four cartoon that was released the same year the first fantastic four movie came out. It was only 20 dollars.

I know if they but the spiderman show on dvd they would sell so fast also the Xmen would go just as fast if not faster. The other three would go a little slower but still would sell.

These previews make me think: "meh." That pretty much sums up my feelings toward all the 90s Marvel cartoons, as well. Timm has spoiled me. . .though I do agree with Ramses that we need Spiderman and His Amazing Friends on DVD!

I actually am interested in these.

Kara is right, Bruce Timm does make the best cartoons, but evolution was still good. Which reminds me. I had heard about this cartoon back when Evolution was cancelled. It's been so long I thought maybe they dropped the idea.

On another note, you guys have obviously not seen the old XMen cartoons in 10 years.

Worst show ever.

YOu know those memories you have of something that aren't as good as you remember them?

Take it from someone who's seen them recently... They're bad.

Oh, nevermind... Second worst. The 90's Iron man is the worst. :P

Sometimes nostalgia ain't what what its cracked up to be. :)

I remember seeing the Captain America, Namor and Thor cartoons from the 60's on VHS tape back in the 80's and loved them, I look at em now and its painful. I still like the original 60's Spiderman stuff for some reason just the others even using the same styles of animation just grate on me.

I actually like the Iron Man 90's cartoon. Just thinking on it now just imagine the villains that we could get in mate form.

Grey Gargoyle, Mandarin, Blizzard, Backlash, Whirlwind and I think Crimson Dynamo and Titanium man where is an episode or 2

I agree, I used to love the 90's Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons, but after rewatching them, I no longer have that nostalgic feeling towards them. The animation is poor, the acting is monotone, and the movement is slow.

I think 'Wolverine and the X-Men' looks good. Terrible idea having Wolverine be the leader... it makes no sense. That has always been Cyclops' role. Hopefully this will be explained in the cartoon, and not just be assumed that Wolverine is best fit due to his popularity. The writers seem pretty knowledgeable about the comics and characters, so I am sure they realized many fans will not agree with Wolverine's leadership. I am betting it has something to do with Xavier's premonition of the future.

Yeah, Bruce Timm single handedly changed the cartoon industry, and mad (at least some) people realize that you can have good super hero cartoons that appeals to children AND adults.

But I loved Evolution. It had the same production team as Beast Wars, so regardless of how "kiddyish" it was at times, it was good solid writing.

This one, well, at last they're digging deep with Mojo and Spiral. *shrug*

Yeah, I just saw Pryde of the Xmen. O.M.G. It was bad. Real bad. Wolvy: "G'day mate!"

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Yeah, Bruce Timm single handedly changed the cartoon industry, and made (at least some) people realize that you can have good super hero cartoons that appeals to children AND adults.

Very nicely put. But we can't forget James Tucker, Timm's...I dunno, "assistant"? The other Timm. ;)

As for Evolution, I had no idea it had the same team as Beast Wars. I was a devotee of Wars and Beast Machines, but didn't really go for Evolution. My sister, who was four at the time, had a major "thing" for it. I have no idea why.

Next Avengers looks like another something my sister would like, and X-Men...well, it seems like they both take themselves a little too seriously. Besides the many Timm series, that seems to be a general trait of all superhero cartoons, unfortunately--the 90's Spider-Man series being a prime example.

Anyone ever watch Spider-Man Unlimited? It had maybe thirteen episodes, and quit right in the middle. "Extraordinary" is not a phrase I'd use in context with it, but it was a mildly fun ride. B)

Anyone ever watch Spider-Man Unlimited? It had maybe thirteen episodes, and quit right in the middle. "Extraordinary" is not a phrase I'd use in context with it, but it was a mildly fun ride. B)

I saw that. It was... Yeah, it was bad.

Just to add/respond to some of your comments, I actually really like "Pryde of. . .," partly because I was so incredibly psyched to get my favorite team (X-Men) and character (Wolvie) in their own cartoon at that time, but also because it was an 80s cartoon at its best. Like the other Marvel stuff from then, it had decent production values, some cool voicework (if Wolvie was an Aussie, then that would have been a cool voice :) ), and it had a Stan Lee voiceover, right? It was the spiritual successor to the Spidey/Hulk cartoons from the early 80s that I grew up with. I'm sure that I am older than some of you, which is why I liked that, and not the 90s stuff, but I don't know, I think the 90s cartoons were really just worse. The 90s animated toons (apart from B:TAS and Superman, of course) seemed cheap and forgettable to me. In addition to the ones you guys have mentioned, don't neglect the craptastic Avengers and Fantastic Four cartoons, or Swamp Thing, or Toxic Crusaders, or whatever. Complete garbage.

Regarding the 60s and 70s Marvel cartoons, I haven't seen those in a while, but last I saw them, they still had cool, kitschy value to me. I got some of the old VHS tapes from Lionel's Playworld when I was 6 or 7 (I remember how happy I was to get the Fantastic Four and Captain America ones), and I have a fondness for those, but as some of you have mentioned, it can't be taken very seriously. I really loved the Impossible Man in the Fantastic Four tape, though, and the moving comic cartoons of Captain America, Thor, etc. were pretty funny and awesome in their own way, I think.

Y'know what was cool?

The forties (fifties?) Captain America serials. Freakin' awesome. :D

I'm serious.

And, y'know what else? I don't even necessarily know how "cool" it really is, but the Hanna-Barbera F4 will always hold a special place in my childhood heart (yes, it was really old even when I was young, but still).