UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Holy Grail!

Marvel Zombies

I started looking through my collection of minimates and then went to my comic boxes and was wondering what exactly would be considered the holy grail for some peoples collections. I know that this is mainly for minimates but I was also wondering what would be the grail for others collections. What do you need to get to make them feel somwhat complete? Or have you finally gotten that one peice? Just let us know if you already have it so maybe if some people want to help others they can pm them and help these individuals get these peices.

Mine are:

Minimates: Symbiote Spiderman; Silver Centurion/ Original Iron man two-pack

Comics: Ultimate Spiderman #1 (Its at my comic shop but can't seem to get the money to buy it. It's $50 and I seem to always come up short after gas.)

Comics: Ultimate Spiderman #1 (Its at my comic shop but can't seem to get the money to buy it. It's $50 and I seem to always come up short after gas.)

That is crazy. For a comic that came out just a few years ago, and had a million copies released? Forget it. Maybe for a vintage FF, JLA, or X-Men issue. . .

Anyway, I picked up most of my Minimate and non-Minimate "grails" at this point. I am a tenacious collector, and will typically prowl eBay until I find what it is that I want for a price that I will pay.

At this point, my main non-Minimate grails are:

1) an unopened, carded 1985 GI Joe Flint in good condition

2) an unopened, boxed 1984 Zartan in good condition

I don't typically collect unopened things, but these were the two toys that I absolutely wanted the most as a child, and had a hell of a time finding them, since I got into Joes late (around late 86/early 87). I have literally had dreams of finding these figures in a store in their unopened states several times over the years, which is weird, and sad I guess :) . But, it is part of who I am and what I want at a deep, subconscious level, and whenever I can afford those figures, I will get them, and display them for all to see!

I would also like to get the entire Claremont/Byrne run of X-Men, as I am a huge fan of vintage John Byrne, and those are the only comics he did that are too expensive for me to have accumulated yet (well, those and Iron Fist #14, of course). I really wish that I would have went after them in the early 1990s, when they were more reasonable. . .

Edited by karamazov80

I saw that old thread about the same subject, but it hasn't been updated in a while so I figure I'll mention mine here.

It's the exact same thread in the correct forum and it's only been a month since the entry! If it'd been 6 months I could understand, but honestly. March 18th is old?

I saw that old thread about the same subject, but it hasn't been updated in a while so I figure I'll mention mine here.

I guess that's how the 'New Testament' got it's way into the Bible............

" Wassap Matthew?''

" Oh hi Luke. I'm fed up with your bloody version of what went down with ol' Jeez down in Jerusalem ,so I'm scribing my own version!

''F**k me not you as well, I hope it's better than Mark's crap" <_<

Forgive me (father) if this should have been posted in the ''I'd love to see a Last Supper Box-Set'' thread. :ninja:*

*Mary ,shocked .