UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC DC Minimates Pic Roundup

AdyCarter

I really like the sculpt of Joker's coat, I hope it stays that way when it comes.

These Protos are really spoiling me! :P

That's actually just a repainted Assault Punisher coat, so it'll probably stay the same...

That's actually just a repainted Assault Punisher coat, so it'll probably stay the same...

Actually it's not...

It doesnt 'flare out' on one side where the holster would have been on punisher.

Bear in mind these are proto's and are likely modified existing parts and we'll 'new' parts on the production figures.

Also I think they dont like to 'cross polenate' parts from different licences, so apart from the minimate bodies I dont think we'll see a lot or reuse.

T.

Actually it's not...

It doesnt 'flare out' on one side where the holster would have been on punisher.

Bear in mind these are proto's and are likely modified existing parts and we'll 'new' parts on the production figures.

Also I think they dont like to 'cross polenate' parts from different licences, so apart from the minimate bodies I dont think we'll see a lot or reuse.

T.

Too bad. i say save money by using what you got and who cares where it come from.

I dont mind part reuse if it makes sense, but I do believe there is some stigma to cross line parts reuse.

Financially speaking if Marvel let DC use parts they had tooled for them they basically let DCD make more profit, which is probably something that isnt gonna happen.

Which raises the question of the Sentry, whose using the C3 Superman cape. In the last unanswered Ask DST thread I raised this question.

They didn't seem to have a problem with parts reuse between C3 and Marvel. Aside from the obvious change of feet, I want to remeber that the exclusive Punisher and Justice Lord Superman share the same hair piece. Didn't the protos for C3 Wonder Woman originally feature a slightly reworked Jean Grey hairpiece? I'm sure we'll see parts from either line creep into the other, it's cheaper for all three companies.

I want to remeber that the exclusive Punisher and Justice Lord Superman share the same hair piece.

Actually, to be technical and anal :P , it was the regular Superman who had the same hairpiece as Punisher. Justice Lord Superman's hairpiece has a peg for the peg-hole headed minimates; the exclusive Punisher and original Superman minis came out before that change took place...

ExcPunisher1.jpgSuperman1.jpgASuperman1.jpg

(props to Danny for the pics from MinimatesCentral)

lol you lot win the 'pedant' award for being contrairy :P:)

As a Rule (and yes there are exceptions like supes) they don't cross polinate as part of the issue is that it's not economical to use a whole mould for just one piece...

That's the reason you saw Bilbo as an early wave 3 LotR proto but not part of the line. The logistics of mixing and matching moulds was a nightmare.

T.

B)-->

QUOTE(Donny B @ Jul 23 2006, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to remeber that the exclusive Punisher and Justice Lord Superman share the same hair piece.

Actually, to be technical and anal :P , it was the regular Superman who had the same hairpiece as Punisher.

Thanks for the correction, I was being too lazy to check my facts. :P

And another note. Sentry that is coming out in the Avengers set uses the same hairpiece as the Justice Lords Superman except it's blonde. Check it out!

You sure? The 4-pack box art and non-chase mate, at least in the pictures where he standing up Galactus's hand and hasn't begun to lean back on to Galactus's arm or haven fallen on the ground next to Galactus's foot shows he has a blonde Juggernaut hairpiece.

And another note. Sentry that is coming out in the Avengers set uses the same hairpiece as the Justice Lords Superman except it's blonde. Check it out!

You sure? The 4-pack box art and non-chase mate, at least in the pictures where he standing up Galactus's hand and hasn't begun to lean back on to Galactus's arm or haven fallen on the ground next to Galactus's foot shows he has a blonde Juggernaut hairpiece.

Actually, my bad, it is the Punisher/C3 Superman hair piece. Not JL Supes.

http://minimateheadquarters.com/gallery2/m...;g2_itemId=4674

i guess Marvel will think about not releasing more wolverines, spider-men and things and come up with a more interesting variety.

the ghost rider movie minimates 2 pack are a good start...

You forget that Ghost Rider has teamed with Spidey and/or Wolvie on a few occassions.

my bad, its just nice to see another variation of a marvel superhero other than the thing, wolverine and spider-man.