UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 23

Though this is getting off topic ("Wave 23"), I personally like the Torment Spidey. The paint app of the figure looks so much like the McFarlene era Spidey, it's amazing. It also has a little bit of a David Finch feel, which works well when you pose him with the New Avenegers. Also, if you're lucky, you can find this Classic Spidey set (which Torment Spidey comes in) at FYE on sale. Mine was $10-11, whereas online the set goes for $30+

But what are your opinions on wave 23, AF Spidey-praisers? Would you prefer getting more mainstream villains, or are you looking forward to the one we're getting?

Though this is getting off topic ("Wave 23"), I personally like the Torment Spidey. The paint app of the figure looks so much like the McFarlene era Spidey, it's amazing. It also has a little bit of a David Finch feel, which works well when you pose him with the New Avenegers. Also, if you're lucky, you can find this Classic Spidey set (which Torment Spidey comes in) at FYE on sale. Mine was $10-11, whereas online the set goes for $30+

But what are your opinions on wave 23, AF Spidey-praisers? Would you prefer getting more mainstream villains, or are you looking forward to the one we're getting?

I like the obscure idea, but besides a select few (TBT), I'm sure most of us would have preferred someone like the Mandarin or Crimson Dynamo to come with War Machine. Likewise, Annihilus would have been way cooler. I understand that to the actual big shellhead fans Spymaster is a relevant choice, but to the majority of us Joe Blows, he's about as exciting as Ma Hunkle.

And look where she got DCD.

I like the obscure idea, but besides a select few (TBT), I'm sure most of us would have preferred someone like the Mandarin or Crimson Dynamo to come with War Machine. Likewise, Annihilus would have been way cooler. I understand that to the actual big shellhead fans Spymaster is a relevant choice, but to the majority of us Joe Blows, he's about as exciting as Ma Hunkle.

Huh!! we just had a page of posts talking about AF Spidey and you are suddenly talking about the Spymaster mini.

I'd love a Crimson Dynamo or Mandarin Minimate BUT the storyline where those versions of the 'warmachine armor' were introduced had spymaster as the major villain so he IS a perfect fit... I really dont see what the fuss is about.

Manderin and Crimson Dynamo are much more Tony Stark bad guys than Jim Rhodes ones.

T.

Huh!! we just had a page of posts talking about AF Spidey and you are suddenly talking about the Spymaster mini.

I'd love a Crimson Dynamo or Mandarin Minimate BUT the storyline where those versions of the 'warmachine armor' were introduced had spymaster as the major villain so he IS a perfect fit... I really dont see what the fuss is about.

Manderin and Crimson Dynamo are much more Tony Stark bad guys than Jim Rhodes ones.

T.

Don't sweat it T.

we are a fickle bunch...first we demand obscure characters, then when we get em, we A don't buy em and B bitch about em, because they didn't make someone else instead.

we must all remember you can't please all of the people all of the time.

In the meantime, enjoy what we DO have

and thats one to grow on

:)

T.

Don't sweat it T.

we are a fickle bunch...first we demand obscure characters, then when we get em, we A don't buy em and B bitch about em, because they didn't make someone else instead.

we must all remember you can't please all of the people all of the time.

In the meantime, enjoy what we DO have

and thats one to grow on

:)

clapsmiley.gif

Best response ever MOC. Nicely done.

Spider-Man AF ? Crimson Dynamo and the mandrian?

I've been a little out of the Minimate loop, but those sound awesome, what is the average retail price.

Any pictures? :lol:

Spider-Man AF ? Crimson Dynamo and the mandrian? what is the average retail price. Any pictures?

Crimson Dynamo and Mandarin haven't been made into Minimates yet. As for Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man he's part of wave 19 which was recently released. Shouldn't cost more than $9 to grab him and Mysterio in a 2-pack.

I'm not into any of the characters in this wave and probably won't be getting them. I'm waiting for Gambit, Black Panther, Psylocke, and Black Widow. I'm happy for the fans that do like the wave's line-up though, and since I'm a late-comer to the whole minimates thing, I'll just use this time to get some of the non-comics lines...like the Silence of the Lambs and such. I've been meaning to get some other liscenses, my collection is so comic book based.

Spider-Man AF ? Crimson Dynamo and the mandrian?

I've been a little out of the Minimate loop, but those sound awesome, what is the average retail price.

Any pictures? :lol:

Early pics are unavailable but here's what the Crimson Dynamo looked like post-638-1208123028_thumb.jpg & here's a couple of Man-drain (I know you meant Man-drain & not Man-drian)picspost-638-1208123069_thumb.jpgpost-638-1208123106_thumb.jpg

oh yeah.....here's one of the Mandarinpost-638-1208123568_thumb.jpg

Average retail on the Man-drain.......priceless :lol:

T.

Now it's MY turn to play Devil's Advocate... :D

TBT!, I gotta be honest, I don't think too many of us have ever heard of Spymaster before now. We could always poll to settle it. Anyway, to me at least, James Rhodes is a Iron Man character. His villains are just more Iron Man villains. I don't think anyone who didn't read that part of the story would care whose villains are whose, they'd rather get the characters they know. While Spymaster may be a relevant choice, that pack is going to sell solely on good ol' Jim.

Just my two cents.

TBT!, I gotta be honest, I don't think too many of us have ever heard of Spymaster before now.

I agree. Personally, I'd never heard the name before I saw he was going to be in Wave 23. I have no idea what his powers are (if he has any) but his costume looks pretty cool. I'll still get that set, and I might end up really liking the figure, but I just have no idea who he is. As of right now, I would've liked a more well-known character but I'll take what I can get haha.

Now it's MY turn to play Devil's Advocate... :D

TBT!, I gotta be honest, I don't think too many of us have ever heard of Spymaster before now. We could always poll to settle it. Anyway, to me at least, James Rhodes is a Iron Man character. His villains are just more Iron Man villains. I don't think anyone who didn't read that part of the story would care whose villains are whose, they'd rather get the characters they know. While Spymaster may be a relevant choice, that pack is going to sell solely on good ol' Jim.

Just my two cents.

Playing Devils advocate is fine (it's fun isn't it ;) )

But the point IS that he's relavant to that character... you are admitting that you don't know your IronMan history and want other characters... most people who dont follow ironman wouldn't know the other two either. Why not just pack him with Deadpool and be done with it? Totally irrelevent to character to be packed with War Machine but one you want...

Either they go for combo's that are tied or they just throw out random people in two packs...

T.

what the heck, here's my take on spymaster:

I both know and like spymaster. Shocking i know! He's a pretty cool villian, that set into motion one of the better "mini series" in Iron Man comics. After stealing stark tech designs, the ol' spy master sells the specs to the highest bidder, thus forcing tony to "take back" his ideas by force.

With both fighting and corperate intrigue, spymaster fits my definition of a IM villian.

Kinda like a batman ememy: you have to take down bruce wayne AND batman to really defeat him.

that being said, will her ever get his own series? Probably not, but come on! The mini comes with TWO holsters. Can anyone complain about that?

Edited by 616commando

Spy Master was part of Iron Man's Civil War tie-in. He killed Happy Hogan.

(Granted, it was a different Spy Master, and technically Tony Stark killed Happy Hogan, but that's not the point)

But I'll take an honest to goodness master of spying over some old guy who wears jewelry any day.

I would have thought that instead of the spymaster character woul have definetly gotten a Mandaran or at least a crimson dynamo.

The little kid line of marvel toys has a whole lot of Iron Man charactes.

They even have some Marvel Universe Characters we dont have (i.e. annihulus and a different beast version)

Put I'll take Spy Master any day over a Jarvis character. :biggrin:

Man, where's the love for the Nova minimate? He's currently one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe, has an amazing costume, and single-handedly ended the Annihilation Wave by ripping Annihilus' guts out through his mouth!! How cool is that?! He also has his own ongoing, which is consistently entertaining. Every Marvel character that has his or her own series should have a minimate by now (that's your cue, Moon Knight!). I for one am psyched about this line, and the inclusion of the Human Rocket is a big part of that.

Nova is sweet. Him and War Machine are the only undisputed charatcters in this line.

As mini collectors I find it funny that we get a line without spidey and wolvie and we find something else to complain about. Like no Gambit Deadpool. We are like Red Sox fans before they won their world series. My question is once everybody gets a gambit deadpool pack what then will we be complaining about. Red Skull, Moon Knight, Forge, Black Panther etc?

But hell, I want all those charaters as well as the next guy. I'm just commenting on how much we bitch and complain, and I'm right there with you :P