UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Prices drop at FYE

I was at my local FYE last night, and they had dropped the prices on their Minimates, as well as most of the toys they carry (ironically this only brought their Marvel Legends prices in line with every other retailer, since they were so high to begin with). This included BSG Wave 2, The Spidy 5-pack, and both the 24 and Marvel FYE exclusives. I do know that some FYEs carry DC 'mates, but I don't know if they also saw a price drop. Anyway, FYE does this periodically, which is why I almost never buy anything I find there at full price. It's a good chance to pick up some sets you may be on the fence about, or custom fodder.

The Saturday Matinee in my mall carries mates. Anything ending in .88 is buy one get one 1/2 price. Plus I have the membership card so I got minimates dirt cheap.(plus I scored a bunch of really cheap mates at the Steel City con in Pittsburgh.) $100 worth of mates for less than $60. Woo-hoo!!! :D

The Saturday Matinee in my mall carries mates. Anything ending in .88 is buy one get one 1/2 price. Plus I have the membership card so I got minimates dirt cheap.(plus I scored a bunch of really cheap mates at the Steel City con in Pittsburgh.) $100 worth of mates for less than $60. Woo-hoo!!! :D

You lucky so-and-so. The mall Suncoast in Baton Rouge actually closed down in early January, and when it did I got a few Minimates and DC Direct figures for 75% off. I felt like a kid in a candy store that day.

I stopped at a couple of FYEs yesterday. The first store only had BSG mates marked down but was able to get a variant Baltar & Gina pack (DC mates, and the 24 exclusive pack were full price with no Marvel-mates to be seen). This store also had oldish DCD 6in figures marked down from $8 to $10.

The second store I stopped at had nothing marked down. :(

First of all, thanks for attending the Steel City Con!!

I work at Toy Galaxy at the Monroeville Mall and we had a booth there this year. :)

Though I did have to work at the store the whole weekend and didn't get a chance to head over to the Con.

And the FYE here at the mall doesn't carry ANY mates at all!!

The only figures and toys they have are from Anime and that's pretty much it......

Has anyone seen the variant from the series 3 BSG on sale? I was a little bummed to see a complete set, minus the variant at a Suncoast today. It's too bad they don't have the same prices as FYE, unless they just haven't marked them down. Should someone see this variant, please let me know via pm. Something I will throw out there is there were some series 2 BSG, the 24 & Scarlet Spidey exclusives on sale ridiculously low if anyone is still looking ;)

Has anyone seen the variant from the series 3 BSG on sale? I was a little bummed to see a complete set, minus the variant at a Suncoast today. It's too bad they don't have the same prices as FYE, unless they just haven't marked them down. Should someone see this variant, please let me know via pm. Something I will throw out there is there were some series 2 BSG, the 24 & Scarlet Spidey exclusives on sale ridiculously low if anyone is still looking ;)

The price drop shouldn't effect series three, since it's too new. This is just a normal markdown that the company does for older materials.

I'm still after a Scarlet Spidey/Hobgoblin pack. If someone can get one, PM me before buying, and I'll pay what they pay plus postage.

Hey, Thanks to the heads up!

I went over to my Local FYE yesterday and bought the Cylon 5 Pack for $7.88 (I might buy another next time), a Boomer and Cylon Two pack for $4.88,a Vice President Baltar and Caprica Six Two pack for $4.88,and a Aqua Man and Ocean Master Two pack for $4.88.

For some reason it didn't look like the Marvel two packs, the Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin two pack, or the Zombie Five packs weren't on sale yet.

It's a shame, because if the SpiderMan 3 two packs were I might have bought the Unmasked SM/Gwen Stacy two packs to start some customs that I have been planning and getting parts for.

I also would have bought the Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin two pack too since I really want Scarlet Spider,not so much the Hobgoblin though.

Even though I bought two packs out of BSG Wave 2, I still might buy a wave 2 set from AFX so I can get the Gina variant.

Hey, Thanks to the heads up!

I went over to my Local FYE yesterday and bought the Cylon 5 Pack for $7.88 (I might buy another next time), a Boomer and Cylon Two pack for $4.88,a Vice President Baltar and Caprica Six Two pack for $4.88,and a Aqua Man and Ocean Master Two pack for $4.88.

For some reason it didn't look like the Marvel two packs, the Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin two pack, or the Zombie Five packs weren't on sale yet.

It's a shame, because if the SpiderMan 3 two packs were I might have bought the Unmasked SM/Gwen Stacy two packs to start some customs that I have been planning and getting parts for.

I also would have bought the Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin two pack too since I really want Scarlet Spider,not so much the Hobgoblin though.

Even though I bought two packs out of BSG Wave 2, I still might buy a wave 2 set from AFX so I can get the Gina variant.

Hey A.J.V., I got the variant set from an online seller a few months ago for the normal price ($6.95 plus the shipping). I'm racking my brain to remember what site it was, but you might want to do a Google search before you buy.

The price drop shouldn't effect series three, since it's too new. This is just a normal markdown that the company does for older materials.

That's not entirely true hellpop. While Suncoast didn't have the great deal that FYE did, they were down to 1/2 the original cost, which is a steal to me. Also, the 24 exclusive isn't that old either and it's part of the same deal. It is possible that it isn't in your area though, but I doubt it ;)

BSG Wave 2 is available on clearance at BBTS for $15.99.

I saw that, the 3 regular packs from that wave go for one dollar less, and the Gina/Baltar set alone goes for around 11 bucks. Strange pricing, in my opinion. If I didn't already have Baltars out the wazoo, I might order that set. . .I might anyway, I traded away my only Gina. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Hey hellpop,

Thanks for trying to help me with finding the Gina minimate. :)

I tried to find it using Google Product Search and I didn't find anything at that price.

BSG Wave 2 is available on clearance at BBTS for $15.99.

Hmmm...that's tempting, since the only figures from that wave I bought I used for customs. I've been trying to avoid getting too deeply into these things beyond Marvel and DC, but damn....

EDIT: Okay, I bit the bullet and did it. Don't tell my wife.

Edited by hellpop