UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I hate it when...

I think anyone in my circle knows that they would get a swift and pointed lecture if they called my Minimates, Lego men. Nothing against Lego figures, but they are very different. I have some Lego figures near my Minimates and the difference is easily noted.

My 5 year old nephew called them Lego men, but no one else. . .personally, I never collected Legos, but I never thought that these looked anything like Lego-men from day one. Frankly, I think that you would have to have a pretty limited understanding of action figures to see Minimates and think of them as Legos.

I am old. I occasionally 'hang out' with 'old people' who don't have a clue about my 'revered' collection . They look at 'the revered' & then they smile. Smiling is OK but smirking is BAD. One less old person to be bothered with. I won't knock Lego,they ain't Minimates & they ain't for me but........they ain't old people.

My wife knows, mu immediately family vaguely knows, but I tend to avoid giving others the "talk", mainly because as soon as I explain their not Lego men... "Oh, so their knock-offs then?" and their eyes glaze over from 'too much information' :(

• 2 weeks later...