UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Study shows public overwhelmingly thinks April Fool's gags amusing, novel.

didnt know the iplayer stuf dont work outside the uk, sorry.

here is a youtube link bbc penguins

The above link is a perfect example of a well crafted and at first glance almost believable April Fools gag.

I'm ashamed to admit that at 7:15 am it got past my BS filters but in mitigation I claim noisy 2 year old running around in the room at the same time.

Maybe there should be a rule "don't play jokes on April fools" and then have 1 officially sanctioned joke that year. I know DA changed everybody's icon to the same and pissed a lot of people off. But that was funny. :P Some people are just gona be spoil sports. And some are just gona take a joke too far. Like Toyfare's Smurf City. :P

Ok DinoBot please stop take a deep breath and reread that post.... I think it sums up exactly what we're talking about here.

Why on earth should there be a rule for 'not playing April fools jokes', if that why not a rule for 'not bashing DST in the Q&A' or 'not typing naughty words'.

Do you really want the multiverse to be defined by a million minor rules and regulations because certain people seem to lack any common sense, or do you think it's better that when this sort of thing happens that we debate it so that people can understand why it's a bad idea and perhaps realise what's expected of them as a member.

One of the reasons I call this place 'home' is the freedom we have and that people are for the most part intelligent and reasonable.

T.

Wait, now I'm confused. I thought you wanted people to stop doing April Fools jokes. :ermm: I mean personally I think if people are left alone, especially around here, for the most part stuff will run smoothly.

But yeah, apparently I have no idea what's going on either way, so yeah. Ignore me. B)

Maybe there should be a rule "don't play jokes on April fools" and then have 1 officially sanctioned joke that year. I know DA changed everybody's icon to the same and pissed a lot of people off. But that was funny. :P Some people are just gona be spoil sports. And some are just gona take a joke too far. Like Toyfare's Smurf City. :P

Ok DinoBot please stop take a deep breath and reread that post.... I think it sums up exactly what we're talking about here.

Why on earth should there be a rule for 'not playing April fools jokes', if that why not a rule for 'not bashing DST in the Q&A' or 'not typing naughty words'.

Do you really want the multiverse to be defined by a million minor rules and regulations because certain people seem to lack any common sense, or do you think it's better that when this sort of thing happens that we debate it so that people can understand why it's a bad idea and perhaps realise what's expected of them as a member.

One of the reasons I call this place 'home' is the freedom we have and that people are for the most part intelligent and reasonable.

T.

Wait, now I'm confused. I thought you wanted people to stop doing April Fools jokes. :ermm: I mean personally I think if people are left alone, especially around here, for the most part stuff will run smoothly.

But yeah, apparently I have no idea what's going on either way, so yeah. Ignore me. B)

You really missed the point there didn't you...

Perhaps we should book you back onto the short bus and leave it at that?

T.