UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DMX, telling us how it is

karamazov80

I remember being dragged to a DMX show by a girl I was dating a few years ago. It was free at some kind of festival so I didn't complain too loudly. He was 20 minutes into his performance, started crying half way through a song and just left. I couldn't relate to him before that and couldn't respect him after. It wasn't the crying that bugged me, it was the leaving that did it.

Edited by God Magnus

I hit the link,started reading & went from 'totally disinterested' to 'totally mesmerised' . The use of profane language never bothers me but there was the constant use of one word, by DMX & in peoples' comments ,that does. In this country I would be arrested if I used it & deservedly so . It just ain't necessary. Apart from that ,hugely entertaining & enlightening.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Did we read the same thing? What exactly did you find "amazing"? He seemed like a complete moron to me...

The balls-out insane nature of his responses are at once bewildering and captivating. In my mind, it becomes brilliant comedy towards the end. You can't make that stuff up.

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously question DMX's current relevance both socially and musically. I gathered from some of his answers that he has an apocalyptic view point of the worlds present state. Whether its based upon his interpretation of scripture or just his own experiences in life that have made him paranoid i dont know. I did agree with one point though.

Whatever the case the US culture is very much a "What have you done forme lately?" culture so unless he dropped a hit on par with "Ruff Ryders Anthem" recently that i havent heard of (and admittedly my taste in Hip Hop music generally leans towards Common, Talib and Mos Def) like DMX himself said many times....

"..it do(es')nt matter..."

On a side note....i cant help but question his mental health. If he did a stretch in Rykers then he may have had some experiences that altered his mind state permanently.

Edited by Customizer