UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Stuck Hands

So I have a Kilowog Minimate here with his hand stuck on & I need some advice on how to free it without ripping the peg off inside the arm. I know that the stuck arm-at-the-shoulder and stuck leg-at-the-pelvis joints could be loosened with hot water, but those are exposed joints. Will this work on the hand? If so, will it ruin the paint or tampo? Of course this happens to be Kilowog's ring hand so I don't want to rub off the ring!

Thanks!

So I have a Kilowog Minimate here with his hand stuck on & I need some advice on how to free it without ripping the peg off inside the arm. I know that the stuck arm-at-the-shoulder and stuck leg-at-the-pelvis joints could be loosened with hot water, but those are exposed joints. Will this work on the hand? If so, will it ruin the paint or tampo? Of course this happens to be Kilowog's ring hand so I don't want to rub off the ring!

Thanks!

First of all be very careful rubbing round the ring-piece, it is extremely delicate. Secondly ignore my banal double-entendre whenever possible ;) When starting a thread such as 'stuck hands' ......beware.... bhm is lurking ;)

Since all the side-splitting humor is apparently done, does anyone have a remedy for the stuck Minimate hand problem? :thanks:

I had a similar problem with a Star Wars Kubrick figure & I was loathe to use hot water for fear of damaging the paint,I chose instead to put it in the freezer for an hour so. It worked ,the 'hand' loosened!

This advice is genuine & I should have refrained from the rather poor attempt at humour :(

Since all the side-splitting humor is apparently done, does anyone have a remedy for the stuck Minimate hand problem? :thanks:

This advice is genuine & I should have refrained from the rather poor attempt at humour :(

Although pretty bad, the humor was no problem. I was just anxious to get old Kilowog's hand fixed. Did you wait for the figure to thaw out or did you pull on it while it was cold?

Although pretty bad, the humor was no problem. I was just anxious to get old Kilowog's hand fixed. Did you wait for the figure to thaw out or did you pull on it while it was cold?

Do it while it's still cold, the reason it works is that in theory the plastics expand and contract at very mildly different rates.

T.

There was also an attempt at the factory to touch up the upper part of Kilowog's poorly painted glove. Unfortunately it resulted in a big blob of white paint on his back. I assume either the green or the black part of his back is painted, so does anyone have an idea on how to get the white paint off without damaging his uniform's colors?

There was also an attempt at the factory to touch up the upper part of Kilowog's poorly painted glove. Unfortunately it resulted in a big blob of white paint on his back. I assume either the green or the black part of his back is painted, so does anyone have an idea on how to get the white paint off without damaging his uniform's colors?

I gave freely my previous tip & I will continue to do so without prejudice. Level 2 of' bhm's handy hints to release static limbs' is the Microwave Technique. Place the troublesome 'sticky-jointed hallowed item' within the confines of your kitchen 'food zapper'. Give it three minutes,no longer, no more! ..................PM me with the results & I will have a whole new thread with you as the punch-line :lol:

Edited by buttheadsmate