UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How many waves?

Spoon Wielder

To be honest with you I never thought we'd see 23 waves...so how long do you think marvel minimates is going to last as a line?

I mean there are only a thousand or so characters in the marvel universe right?

Only a thousand? I would settle for that :biggrin: Bearing in mind the myriad of versions of Spider-man & Wolverine there have been I would say there are many waves to come from what remains in the Marvel universe.

A thousand figures is a lot to get through. Marvel Mates came out around 2003 and upto now we have had 20 waves (actually 19 as Ghost Rider Movie never came out) but lets stick to 20 waves as thats whats numbered.

2008-2003= 5 years

20 waves / 5 years= 4 waves a year

Ok this is where it gets messy I know I have left off box sets and exclusives not counting them in the waves so there is more then 4 waves a year but bear with me. 8 figures in a wave and I'm using that number as even though I know the extra figure is a double and most times the varient isn't a totally new figure exclusives or box sets for me pad the number up from a 6 to an 8.

4 waves a year x 8 figures a wave= 32 figures a year

32 figures a wave / 1000 characters= roughly just over 31 and a half years! Will the franchise last that long, I dont think so :)

Now that is alot of minimate goodness to come and I'll be about due for my pension.

I'm expecting someone to say I'm way off be it amount of waves a year figures whatever I'm not saying this is gospel but it is supposed to be fun and it made me chuckle. I'm loving to see others give it a go

Now expecting to see some sort of minimate equation like E=MC2

I'll give it a hit (4WAYx8FAW)=32Y I'm sure someone can get something alot neater

A thousand figures is a lot to get through. Marvel Mates came out around 2003 and upto now we have had 20 waves (actually 19 as Ghost Rider Movie never came out) but lets stick to 20 waves as thats whats numbered.

2008-2003= 5 years

20 waves / 5 years= 4 waves a year

Ok this is where it gets messy I know I have left off box sets and exclusives not counting them in the waves so there is more then 4 waves a year but bear with me. 8 figures in a wave and I'm using that number as even though I know the extra figure is a double and most times the varient isn't a totally new figure exclusives or box sets for me pad the number up from a 6 to an 8.

4 waves a year x 8 figures a wave= 32 figures a year

32 figures a wave / 1000 characters= roughly just over 31 and a half years! Will the franchise last that long, I dont think so :)

Now that is alot of minimate goodness to come and I'll be about due for my pension.

I'm expecting someone to say I'm way off be it amount of waves a year figures whatever I'm not saying this is gospel but it is supposed to be fun and it made me chuckle. I'm loving to see others give it a go

Now expecting to see some sort of minimate equation like E=MC2

I'll give it a hit (4WAYx8FAW)=32Y I'm sure someone can get something alot neater

I definitely prefer my answer :blink:

Actually there are only 7 figures in a marvel wave, cos of the variant.

Considering we're only up to about 150 Marvel Characters so far I'd say running out of people isn't a worry.

As for how long will they last... to Paraphrase Chuck - You keep buying them they'll keep making them.

T.