UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Doh!

616commando

Hey-

Does anyone else bid on things on ebay that they only half want? I bid on the smaller of the two batmobiles w/ mates in the intrests of killing time at work, and lo and behold, I won. 26 bucks later I now have a second batmobile and two extra mates. lol oops. could be worse. has this happened to you? share a story!

I sort of blundered into a Peter Parker/Mary Jane two-pack for $5 a couple months ago. The guy had it listed starting at $3 with a reserve on it. I stumbled upon it with a couple hours to go and there were no bids so I thought, "Hm, I wonder how ridiculous this guy's reserve is." So, I decided to poke at it a bit. The first poke was $5 and it came up with "Reserve Met". Well, I guess nobody was paying attention to it because I won it.

Other than that, I haven't really blundered on eBay since I learned not to get into stupid bid fights.

My infamous 'Free Comic Book Day minimate' debacle.....I thought I was buying one & ended up with ....let's just say... a lot. :blush:

Exactly how many is "a lot"?

Well put it this way,I've never got involved in the various ''how many 'mates have you got threads'' but my Free comic boys'll give anybody's friggin Cylons AND Customised Re-Headed Nick Fury's a bloody good hiding & THEN bring in reinforcements. :biggrin:

'' Bring me the (unwanted) head(s) of Nick Fury...... bring it(them) to Comicretailer Guy ,Lord of all Free Comic Book Day Men.''