UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hey all

Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I've only just joined this week.

I'm generally a collector of Star Trek mini-mates but enjoy reading about all the other tv / movie sets (especially Battlestar Galactica.)

Hope to get involved in many conversations over mini-mates in the future.

Take care,

Matty-lad

welcome! Looking forward to the TNG mates?

Hey all,

Thanks for the welcome.

Seriously looking forward to TNG mini-mates. This was my favourite series and the one that started my obsession off. Still going to collect EVERYTHING AA/DST produce from Star Trek though.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Welcome Aboard M-L,

I can see the I only collect Trek mates becoming, I'll pick up a few BSG, then all BSG and then you start to dabble in other licenses and before you know it you have hundreds of the little blighters!

Well that's what happens to most of us... I started by picking up a single Ironman/ghost rider pack cos they looked cool and now have a major 2" collectable habit.

T.

I can see the I only collect Trek mates becoming, I'll pick up a few BSG, then all BSG and then you start to dabble in other licenses and before you know it you have hundreds of the little blighters!

Well that's what happens to most of us... I started by picking up a single Ironman/ghost rider pack cos they looked cool and now have a major 2" collectable habit.

That's what happened with me, too. I initially just planned on picking up the Blue Beetle/Booster Gold set, and now I've probably got a couple hundred Minimates. . .

Similar to my situation: I started with Lord of the Rings minimates and decided to pick up a few superheroes I was fond of. Several months later, not only do I own hundreds of them, I also have a mainstream comics habit again. Marvel and DC should be thanking minimates for the fact that I am no longer in a monogamous relationship with Vertigo (and admittedly a few indies on the side-I'm easily tempted by good cover art).