UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Frustration...

insanespidey

I was going to post in the Defenders thread, but I thought this was a little off the topic.

Ok, So I ordered a Defenders set from Shop AFX so I could get the Spidey Exclusive, Plus I want an extra Namor to customize. I put my order through last Friday(Jan 25) and was really looking forward to getting them this week. When they didn't come by the end of the week, I got a little worried. I went to check on my email and found a new one asking me to rate the product I received, problem is there was no product. I sent an email to AFX letting them know I hadn't received a tracking notification, the package, or pretty much any notice regarding my order. They replied with a tracking number that said they had attempted to deliver the package on the 31st, and a notice was left so If I wanted to get it I had to go down to the post office, sign and take it. So I put in the tracking number and it said something about it being delivered to GAMBRILLS, MD 21054. The only issue is that I don't live in Maryland, I'm in Fresno, California. I told them this and said either I was given the wrong number or they sent it to the wrong place. They replied with

"We are sorry about this and will have our warehouse look into this further."

Thats it. Nothing else. You think they would at least let me know some sort detail so I wouldn't be so freaking mad I could Hulk out.

I've checked my order dozens of times to make sure the info I put into was right, and everything was. I don't see how it would be sent all the way over to the other side of the country(thats if thats the problem) especially when the warehouse they use is in LA. I've never ordered from them before (although I have bought from their booth at SDCC), I guess I'm just frustrated and feel like they really aren't paying attention, and I'm not just talking about the order but the email I had sent.

So has anyone else experienced problems with this online store before?

I've ordered from them a bunch of times and usually they are pretty good. Dont worry too much. You'll get your stuff. I just wish they would let us know when the zombie IM/Black Panter and the Taskmaster/USAgent two packs will ship. I've had these on preorder for months...

I ordered the DC wave 6 from them in November to get the exclusive armored spidey and they still have not shipped and if I had not harrassed them :o they would not have given me updates. I even asked if they could do anything for me for the HUGE delay and they pretty much told me it wasn't their problem. :angry:

I've ordered from them a bunch of times and usually they are pretty good. Dont worry too much. You'll get your stuff. I just wish they would let us know when the zombie IM/Black Panter and the Taskmaster/USAgent two packs will ship. I've had these on preorder for months...

I pre-ordered my IM/BP and Defenders from them in December, and I got them about 2 weeks ago. You might wanna get on them about it. They have them in stock.

a friend of mine order the preview 2 packs for me, and they just left him a notice to go to the post office, but they left the notice on thursday and told him to pick up the pack on the 14th, so we do we need to wait 2 weeks, to get a package thats already here, and would be in my hand if they, i don't know, rang a doorbell?

I pre-ordered my IM/BP and Defenders from them in December, and I got them about 2 weeks ago. You might wanna get on them about it. They have them in stock.

Thanks CoZ, I just sent them an email. I've found in the past they are pretty quick to respond. I hope they ship soon.

You can add me to the bad experience list as well. :( I ordered the Minimates Xpress Pack back in the middle of December. After having my credit card charged and never receiving a shipping notification, I finally called their customer service number last month to see what was up with my order. After numerous attempts I finally got a live person and they told me that my order had indeed shipped and was shown as having been delivered and signed for somewhere in Los Angeles, California. Problem is I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The customer service rep then informed me that it was not AFX's fault/problem that the package did not get delivered to the correct address and there was nothing that they would be willing to do about it (like sending a replacement Xpress Pack to the right address). :angry:

You can add me to the bad experience list as well. :( I ordered the Minimates Xpress Pack back in the middle of December. After having my credit card charged and never receiving a shipping notification, I finally called their customer service number last month to see what was up with my order. After numerous attempts I finally got a live person and they told me that my order had indeed shipped and was shown as having been delivered and signed for somewhere in Los Angeles, California. Problem is I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The customer service rep then informed me that it was not AFX's fault/problem that the package did not get delivered to the correct address and there was nothing that they would be willing to do about it (like sending a replacement Xpress Pack to the right address). :angry:

I would dispute that credit card charge if I were you. It's their fault the package was sent to the wrong address. As long as you have the correct "ship to" address listed on your AFX account you are in the right. Track the package yourself if it went to Cali you should not have to pay for it.

I would contact them again and let them know that because you sent them the correct shipping address and they sent it to the wrong address, that you will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org) and with their state's and your state's Attorney General's office.

I had a similar dispute with another company over a package that I never received, they wouldn't even return my emails until I sent them the message above. After that they were very eager to talk with me and try to sort out the problem. If AFX is still unmoved then do report them to both the BBB and the AGOs as they will try to work on your behalf to fix the matter.

I would dispute that credit card charge if I were you. It's their fault the package was sent to the wrong address. As long as you have the correct "ship to" address listed on your AFX account you are in the right. Track the package yourself if it went to Cali you should not have to pay for it.

I tried disputing the charge with AFX but no dice-so I filed a dispute with my credit card company. They are usually good at handling things like this, it just takes time to go through the right channels...

The first thing I did was double check my "ship to" address and it was correct. I have no idea where AFX got California... and I wish I could track where the package went myself, but I never received a tracking number, email confirmation, or anything...

I may go the BBB or AGO route though...it sounds like a good idea....

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions Rheul and hypno :)

Just a word to the wise.

I've had a query from a member regarding this thread. I think he was unhappy that I'd closed this thread but had allowed this one to run over the weekend.

The reason I closed the other thread is given in the final post. I'm closing this thread temporarily for the same reason while I await guidance.

Personally I have no problem with people venting about shoddy treatment from retailers. It helps warn other potential customers that there may be a problem. BUT it is far too easy for complaints to become personal attacks, or for fabrication and embellishment to creep in. That can lead to legal action against the site owner AND the person that makes those allegations. It can also lead to the site being closed down completely. I don't want that, and neither should you.

This thread (and the worst treatment thread) is re-opened.

Please keep all criticism focused on the problem at hand and only state facts.

Any libellous/slanderous comments will cause a world of hurt for the member that makes them.

We'll probably merge the threads at some point, but will leave them in their respective forums for a couple of days.

If you are going to post about shabby treatment please only state facts and don't allow your frustration to become personal.

Cheers.

I sent AFX an email today, since they seem to respond to emails pretty quickly, and I'm less worried than I was before. They told me "Most likely what happened is the warehouse mislabeled the package. Either way, we will get it rerouted to you. If that cannot be done then we will send out a replacement package." And when I asked when I could expect to see it they answered with "Our warehouse has advised that if they cannot locate the package within 48 hours, then a replacement will be sent to you. A tracking number should automatically be emailed to you. If you do not receive a tracking number, then please contact us."

So if I don't get an email by Wednesday, I try again to see if it was taken care of. Hopefully I'll get a tracking number and all will be well ;)

I've had pretty good experience with AFX - though they seem to move at a pace that's a little slower than most of the internet shops. They're good about response via e-mail, and not too bad by phone either (just remember that they're in Hawaii).

I'm most disappointed by their account management system.... it seems a little slow and prone to locking up. I also hate that you can't get order status online and lately their online catalog hasn't been updated to easily find stuff (if you look at BTTF or BSG minimates, you don't see some of the newer pre-orders... you have to search their "coming soon" catalog.

I'm seriously debating about dropping my pre-orders and re-ordering at BBTS. Sci-Fi Genre has been very responsive too.