UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

For A Few Dollars More Boxset cancelled?

I just checked my account online at DCBS, and they show a credit for my preorder of FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE BOX SET [OCT074319].

I love their prices, but sometimes it takes forever for them to reply to an email, so I'll ask here - is this set canceled or being resolicited? Anyone heard anything?

I just checked my account online at DCBS, and they show a credit for my preorder of FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE BOX SET [OCT074319].

I love their prices, but sometimes it takes forever for them to reply to an email, so I'll ask here - is this set canceled or being resolicited? Anyone heard anything?

I have not heard anything I don't know why they would cancel it, it should be a cool set

Cancelled? Unlikely this early. In fact DST just announced (with the "SoL") the other day that they are anticipating producing the other two "Dollars Trilogy" sets if this one does well. I've personally got 3 pre-ordered and it sounds like quite a few others are getting these as well.

BTW, what is "DCBS"?

Thanks for the heads up of this pic Samwise! Look at all those guns! :woot: Can't wait to add these to the collection. And it looks as if they fixed TMWNN's* hat height. It also appears that they give Col Mortimmer a second shorter coat (that black thing between Eastwood and Van Cleef).

Does Indio's Bandolier look painted on or does it look removable?

* The Man With No Name

Do we think he has an outfit on under that ponco? Or is that why there's two versions of him?

Also can we change that title please. No they are not cancelled!

Do we think he has an outfit on under that ponco? Or is that why there's two versions of him?

Please have some clothes on. We only want Six nakers. XD

Man this set rocks of awesomeness.

Zooming in, I LOVE the card backing for this set. It looks amazing!

Too bad that's not a soft goods poncho.

I'm looking forward to this set, as I really like the old Clint Eastwood westerns, particularly the Dollars Trilogy. Good to see that the hat has been worked on a bit, as I was a bit nervous over that.

Also, if this set is any indication on the other two, I expect we can expect the Man with No Name to join the ranks of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain Kirk, Six, Jack Bauer, Rocky, and Marty McFly in the "how many versions of the same guy can we get" department.

Zooming in, I LOVE the card backing for this set. It looks amazing!

You know you can click on the pic and get this monster? No need to zoom in. :)

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/resources...rsmorelarge.jpg

By the way, I think a great slogan for these would be (and what I have been referring to them as) 'For a few dollars, more minimates.' :lol:

Also, if this set is any indication on the other two, I expect we can expect the Man with No Name to join the ranks of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain Kirk, Six, Jack Bauer, Rocky, and Marty McFly in the "how many versions of the same guy can we get" department.

As excited as I am for these (and thrilled about the possibilities of the other two), that's one thing that has me concerned too. In all three films, Clint wears slight variations of the same one outfit: blue-shirt/black jeans (over brown boots)+buckskin vest+poncho, all which are included in this one set. The only other is the same base+tan hat and long,tan coat (G,BatU). I really don't know how they're gonna stretch-it over three sets now; one per set would have been sufficient (FaFDM="poncho", FFoD="buckskin vest", G,BatU=tan hat, tan coat) IMO. This would have also opened-up a slot for another character(a henchman or something). Perhaps they were concerned that these wouldn't sell well and wanted to pack as much Clint into one set to cover the variations in case the other two got canned? Still, like Col. Mortimer's coat, I think that the poncho could have just been an accessory rather than a whole seperate figure. Either way, I can't wait for these (and confirmed pre-orders for the other two sets)!

I didn't really have my usual "holy crap I gotta have those!" reaction when these were first announced. Well, thanks to that in-package pic, I'm having it now. I'm loving all the guns. I wonder if we'll see a set with a more modern arsenal of weaponry. Perhaps with the Platoon set later this year. Also, is that a spare holding-a-pocket-wacth hand I see?

It looks like the little bit of blue shirt and vest are raised as high as the collar of the poncho so it's probably a single colored torso block under there.

I just want some damn horses to go with these!

It looks like the little bit of blue shirt and vest are raised as high as the collar of the poncho so it's probably a single colored torso block under there.

I think someone discovered that Lego Horses are a pretty good fit

I think someone discovered that Lego Horses are a pretty good fit

Yeah, but I want a minimate horse as I'm sure it'd be waaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler than the Lego horses. . .

im very new at this. The Mates look alot like the movie even though the Man with no Name's cigar is painted on, I cant wait for these to come out. :biggrin:

This is weird. I asked Discount Comic Book Service about the removal from my list (you remember the topic )

and this is what they wrote back: "We received notification from Diamond that the FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE BOX SET was canceled so we applied the credit accordingly."

EDIT:

HOO-KAY - I got the explanation:

"The October solicitation was canceled and then the item was offered again under a November 2007 code."

This is weird. I asked Discount Comic Book Service about the removal from my list (you remember the topic )

and this is what they wrote back: "We received notification from Diamond that the FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE BOX SET was canceled so we applied the credit accordingly."

EDIT:

HOO-KAY - I got the explanation:

"The October solicitation was canceled and then the item was offered again under a November 2007 code."

Yeah, sometimes you gotta take info. from "shop-guys" with a grain of salt. They deal with so much product that they can't always be expected to know everything, just the vague information that they're provided. The concern was justified; I know my stomach knotted-up the first time I read this thread title!