UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What would you like?

Im about to spend 3 nights in a hotel at the edge of the world, I'll have nothing to do aside from revising for a couple of exams I've got coming up, and obviously I'll need a break from that....

So if anyone has any ideas of stuff they'd like to see on here let me know and I'll dedicate some of my free time towards it...

By "stuff" I mean any suggestions at all, so fire away!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a hot-tub full of women dressed as Leia in slave outfit and an iced down keg of Guinness lined intravenously into my arm.

Seriously, I don't think we should limit the Multiverse to minimates. Granted, this is the "Minimate" Multiverse and minimates are the coolest thing on the planet, but many (myself included) who collect minis, collect them along with other items. I think you would give up on minis if you didn't, considering the dry spells these things go through.

We have a "everything else" section, but maybe we should consider specialing even further with a Kubrick or Lego minis section. Just a thought.

You know Shane, they say great minds think alike :D While I don't collect the Kubricks's or other block figures for the most part, why limit yourself and create another forum for those folks. That way your not only generating interests in the Minimates, but all other block figures. I meant to actually talk to Ady about it the other night, but my wife needed to get on the computer and I forgot to write it down :rolleyes:

'tis a cracking idea, although I dont want to full up the board index with dozens of almost empty sections, the "Other Toys & Collectables area" can be used for almost anything but thus far only has 15 topics, perhaps if a few lines became prevailant in there I'd do it

Thoughts?

Well, maybe a poll of what other topics or collectibles are of interest, might help. I think drawing in ideas or perspectives of guys like Lego customizers, might be really cool. I wonder what MiniVenom & NeoLego think.

Just for the record, I only use Lego as an example. I have no strong feelings about Lego.

Some kind of "new post" icon for use on the main page. Nothing fancy, just something to keep from having to check each subject to make sure there's been activity.

On the main index if a category has a new post it has bf_new.gif by it and if not it has bf_nonew.gif

Topics within categorys have newpost.gif next to them if there are new posts.

Is that what you meant?

Some kind of "new post" icon for use on the main page. Nothing fancy, just something to keep from having to check each subject to make sure there's been activity.

You mean EXACTLY like the 'View new posts' thing next you 'my controls' at the top left of your screen?

:D

T.

So if anyone has any ideas of stuff they'd like to see on here let me know

Pictures of Shanester in different outfits from different famous/pupular movies.....

NOW we're talkin!

On the main index if a category has a new post it has bf_new.gif by it and if not it has bf_nonew.gif

That's exactly what I ment. Must not have payed close enough attention. :unsure:

i have a serious suggestion. What about a custom gallery, so we don't have to keep digging through the custom threads. something like www.transtopia.com would be good. People can submit pics and titles to a person, and they will upload them to the gallery. Or just do a regular photo book gallery, diffrent catagories with diffrent people with their pics inside.

Also, I am all for any kind of Transformer activity added to here! :D

And an optional spell checker might be nice to have before you post.

Dear Mother Earth! I was going to contribute to this thread, but Shanester has warped it beyond all recognition! (And ruined so many fond boyhood fantasies... RUINED, I tell you.)

However... a serious counter to Shanester's suggestion of expanding the other collectibles: It seems to me we don't want to go too deep into other toys, whatever, because it would be hard to draw those crowds here. Lego or Stikfas already have established boards, what would we offer that would bring them here? Crayfish's attempt with a unified Block Board was exciting to me, but it's failure also teaches a lesson.

That said, I would like to see some formal expansion beyond the single forum labeled "other." Not sure what just yet... :rolleyes: