UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Nestlé & the Hall of Justice!

Nestlé

Alright so my wife told me in the past that her favorite Christmas Present growing up was a doll house her parents built for her.

We have 2 boys and the oldest is really into the new DC Super Friends line.

I've decided to follow in my parents-in-law's foot steps and build him a "Hall of Justice" for Christmas. It's coming along fairly well (I can post pictures as it progresses if you'd like), but there are a couple things I'm hoping to not have to spend a lot of time on.

The conference table is one such problem.

I'm pretty sure it'll be too small, but does anyone have the pocket heroe's conference table and a Super Friend's figure that they could post a pic of? If it'll work it will save a great deal of trouble.

Thanks. ;):lol:

Alright so my wife told me in the past that her favorite Christmas Present growing up was a doll house her parents built for her.

We have 2 boys and the oldest is really into the new DC Super Friends line.

I've decided to follow in my parents-in-law's foot steps and build him a "Hall of Justice" for Christmas. It's coming along fairly well (I can post pictures as it progresses if you'd like), but there are a couple things I'm hoping to not have to spend a lot of time on.

The conference table is one such problem.

I'm pretty sure it'll be too small, but does anyone have the pocket heroe's conference table and a Super Friend's figure that they could post a pic of? If it'll work it will save a great deal of trouble.

Thanks. ;):lol:

Yea you are correct the pocket figures table Waaaaaaaaaaaay too small.

Here is a pic mmdeluxeset.jpg?t=1195135506

these fit minimates pretty good, but the Super Friends Line would tower over it

I don't have any of the Superfriends toys, but I do have Muppet toys, which, I think, are roughly the same size. So here is a comparison of Rowlf, a Minimate, a DC Direct figure, and the table. Far too small for your purposes, I would hazard to guess:

P1010086.jpg

Hey, Nestle!

I do own both the table and some Super Friends, so if you really, really want a pic, I'll get one up. But really, I can tell you, they're not a match. It'll look something like that 7" Flash figure. Sorry, my friend.

On the flipside, I'd be very interested in seeing the Hall as it progresses.

Darn.

I fifgured it would they would be big, but seeing that giant Rowlf is really disheartening. :(

Oh well. I'll just keep truckin' and see what I have to cut as time runs out (maybe Aquaman's pool).

Anyways, I'll probably change the name of the thread to something more appropriate.

I'll posts ome pics in the next couple days. (At this point it looks like a weird TV stand).

If anyone has any suggestions I'm keeping an open mind as a month and a half isn't all that much.

Darn.

I fifgured it would they would be big, but seeing that giant Rowlf is really disheartening. :(

Oh well. I'll just keep truckin' and see what I have to cut as time runs out (maybe Aquaman's pool).

Anyways, I'll probably change the name of the thread to something more appropriate.

I'll posts ome pics in the next couple days. (At this point it looks like a weird TV stand).

If anyone has any suggestions I'm keeping an open mind as a month and a half isn't all that much.

Well, you could buy a cheap, plain, plastic plate from Wal-Mart or the dollar store, spray paint it silver, print out the logo on a color printer, paste it to the silver table and spray some Tester's clear gloss enamel over it so that it would look semi-professional. Then, you prop it on top of a sturdy, cylindrical, but cheap hard plastic cup similarly spray-painted for the base. Don't know about chairs, but the Superfriends don't look like they could sit down easily, anyway.

Darn.

Well, you could buy a cheap, plain, plastic plate from Wal-Mart or the dollar store, spray paint it silver, print out the logo on a color printer, paste it to the silver table and spray some Tester's clear gloss enamel over it so that it would look semi-professional. Then, you prop it on top of a sturdy, cylindrical, but cheap hard plastic cup similarly spray-painted for the base. Don't know about chairs, but the Superfriends don't look like they could sit down easily, anyway.

Thanks for the advice. I think I actually have something do able for the table. My bigger concern was the chairs. It's just so cool for each one to have their logo on it. :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.

So I've hit A LOT of delays since I started this thread.

I'm where I hoped I would be about 2 weeks ago. That being said, it looks like things are running smoothly now and I finally have a enough to take pictures of complete.

I'm not gonna say any more, however since I'm moving this to the customs forum.

But as a bit of a spoiler, over the next few weeks I'll have a lot more than just the Hall of Justice I'll be showing off. ;)